Ozrunways

Would like to know if anyone has problems printing paper back up plans on Ozrunways ? WAC charts will only print full a4 in complete black so you can not see anything and VNC will only print in landscape mode, in portrait it stretches an dis forms plans so the scale is unusable.

I too are having problems with printing plans/ tables etc, contacted the folks, they are sorting the problem, keep an eye out for an update at the App Store.

Bypassing the "print" option in oz, is easy.....take a screen shot, then print that....easy as.

I take screen shots of my route, print them, then use them as my backup in flite....perfect. ( whatever is shown on your screen is what your printed backup shows )

Assuming you are using an iPad.??

image.jpg.e53432288ed349e8761cfde53e46b19a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bypassing the "print" option in oz, is easy.....take a screen shot, then print that....easy as.

I take screen shots of my route, print them, then use them as my backup in flite....perfect.)

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you take a screen shot and print it??091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

I'm not as familiar with this thing as the grandys are but they aren't here to show me 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

• Caution 1

I use "Printer Lite". It allows the iPad to print on the home computer via wifi. Have not checked why it is not to scale size as yet but that is the only issue I can see with it.

Before finding that printer program on the net I would also do as suggested above. Do a screen shot (press on/off button and screen close button together) and email to the home computer and then print.

I take screen shots of my route, print them, then use them as my backup in flite....perfect.)

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you take a screen shot and print it??091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

I'm not as familiar with this thing as the grandys are but they aren't here to show me 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

David if you push the round button and the on/off button at the same time you should hear a noise like a shutter on a camera, have a look in your camera roll and it should have whatever was on the screen

Matty

Probably been discussed before but does having this print out on board cover off having the latest charts relative to your flight?

Interesting question,

Rang a CFI, he rekins it would be ok, but he,s chasing up more info.

He commented that it,s ok to fold up, cut up charts to a more manageable size, some folks then laminate the smaller pages, so it would be ok to photocopy your screen shots, and print off in A4 size pages ( exact copies of a legit WAC/ VNC chart etc )

Let,s see.....

You do not require a backup, but it is recommended (in CAAP 233) you carry one. A backup can be another EFB (i.e. another iPad) - this is the reason we at AvPlan allow you to share the one subscription over multiple devices. Just make sure it is charged, in reach and not left in the sun..

When I fly I carry two iPad's and also print the ERSA pages for the route, flight plan, weather etc if I am going a long distance.

Bevan..

Good Bevan. Personally, I use my iPhone as a backup (not much room in a Pitts). Depending on where I am going, I would carry maps (especially if not familiar with the area) - if the official maps are with me then I would consider AvPlan on the iPad is the backup even if I never look at the maps.

One query that I have with both OzRunways and AvPlan is: there are regular manuscript amendments to WACs published in AIP. ATOs I know would refuse to proceed with a PPL test if the applicant turned up with WACs not marked up as required. How do I make manual amendments to the charts?

Good question - you can't as yet. I doubt there is yet an ATO who would accept a candidate using just an iPad on a PPL test though. There are some schools about who have incorporated iPad's as part of the training syllabus (recognising that pilots are going to use them after they finish, so better to train them on how to use it) but all still teach the use of paper charts, basic map reading etc.

I still think it is important to teach these skills - remember the aeroplane on the map is a situational awareness tool only.

Bevan..