[Apr 25, 2014] Inglewood 3 day Ultralight fly-in & ANZAC Day Service (Inglewood, Qld)

FlyingVizsla

Anzac Day Service will be 10am at the Anzac Memorial Park

From lunch time on Friday 25th-- we will be offering tea/coffee, soft drinks, hot pies & sausage rolls and salad rolls available at the airstrip. Accommodation and eateries are listed below.

Saturday the 26th--- breakfast, smokos and the Saturday night Special Dinner at the airstrip.

Sunday the 27th breakfast and smoko will be available before you fly home.

All proceeds from the weekend will go to help families on drought affected properties in Western Qld. The money will be spent on food vouchers to be used at their local supermarket to help the businesses in the towns.

• 4 weeks later...

For those who would normally plan to go around the Oakey restricted area to get to Inglewood, I have it from Oakey Ops that airspace will not be active on Friday 25th April ( not normally active on Saturday and Sunday either). Atis 124.3 CTAF procedures apply 127.65. Be aware though of Army Helicopters (Tiger an MRH90) doing flypasts for ANZAC day.

Just arrived, planes and trikes arriving, perfect weather, smooth and a big welcome from the local Lions Club.Expecting a good show up.

For those who might not know, IIRC our very own Graham Pukallus (legend from way back and all-round top fella) was the one who first got the Inglewood fly-in started, back in around 1986. As I remember it Puko was travelling in the area and got chatting with 'Tiny' the huge local butcher and some of the town Councillors, and got talking about ultralights and it all went from there.

Thanks again for all your good works Puk. I'm kinda hoping to get there tomorrow but there's a few things in the way of it happening, so we'll see, if I don't get there please pass on my regards to all the 'old brigade'. Anyway, everyone have a great time at Inglewood, and if anyone's wavering about whether to go or not, you're mad if you don't, it's the best fly-in in Oz!

Inglwood final day of flying in perfect weather followed by the legendary Pilots Dinner tonight, again superbly catered by the Inglewood Lions Club with all proceeds to the Drought Effected Farmers.

38 Aircraft counted over the weekend, with a strong contingent by the Trike community, and the crew from Coffs Harbour, all had a memorable weekend.

The photos say it all.

Inglewood Flyin, Date set for ANZAC weekend for 2015.

image.jpg.4cf8f76a1882c571c130d0373b204af5.jpg

image.jpg.113ee61a98f4554d3f3156292557db50.jpg

image.jpg.491eff2c8be23824d7a7b7df19c68c40.jpg

image.jpg.1428c0861fee5fb67dbec15305433a58.jpg

image.jpg.23552216012f847163ba9cf165fe5697.jpg

image.jpg.1768a77b04740b2e71992d81a008f354.jpg

image.jpg.fd8b0e2bc313e7897f84bbf4de89120b.jpg

image.jpg.d6a2ec1542dbcc42f2216d0e6955751e.jpg

Still destocking, 3 decks first thing in the morning, 2 more tomorrow afternoon, 2 more Tueday morning , two later in the week. Someone has to get them sorted and ready, guess that is me. Had a bad experience last time, spent more time at the hospital than the airfield. I did mean to come up to thank Martin and Ann-maree for their help last year but I don't see their plane in any of the photos.