Pilots Touring Guide in Ozrunways

With the latest update, it says that the Pilots Touring Guide is now included. I have downloaded the update, and the files under Downloads > Australia > Other - something like 288 of them. It shows as active under my subscriptions..... But I cannot find it anywhere -has anyone downloaded this update and been able to find it? I'd love to have a read, but its nowhere to be found.

• Informative 1

With the latest update, it says that the Pilots Touring Guide is now included. I have downloaded the update, and the files under Downloads > Australia > Other - something like 288 of them. It shows as active under my subscriptions..... But I cannot find it anywhere -has anyone downloaded this update and been able to find it? I'd love to have a read, but its nowhere to be found.

It's there when I looked. Downloads, Australia, it's under Other

Yes it,s a good info package, 1st one I tried was my own home strip, but a glaring error was shown.......prior permission required for ultralites......that is incorrect .

It's in the relative airfield docs. So if available it will appear when you select an airfield from the map view. I tried Apollo bay as an example...

Ooooh I see... I was thinking it would be a separate doc I could read... This way it kinda assumes I already know about them all. Guess it will give me a good preview to see if i should buy the hard copy. Thanks!

Thanks for asking the question. I'd given up looking for it. I like OzR, but geez I wish they'd just write a few sentences of instructions on each new feature. It doesn't need to be big power points or anything, but saying "We've got feature XYZ" without explaining how you access it (or even what it is on some occasions) just isn't helpful.

• Agree 4

Thanks for asking the question. I'd given up looking for it. I like OzR, but geez I wish they'd just write a few sentences of instructions on each new feature. It doesn't need to be big power points or anything, but saying "We've got feature XYZ" without explaining how you access it (or even what it is on some occasions) just isn't helpful.

I brought this up with the OzR guys and they said they're working on it, but....

I had to send them a request to find out what the little icon at the top right of the screen is. I pressed it a few times and it didn't seem to do anything. Turns out it's like a "man overboard" feature. It places a GPS waypoint marker where you are when you press it. But it doesn't feature in the docs from what I could find.

doesn't seem to give much more that the ersa. Good trial but no sale to me. I think Oz Runways is great but needs more than 280 airports for it to be useful to me.

I can't access it either. I looked at Apollo Bay and it shows there but is greyed out. I also don't have Other under Settings - Downloads - Australia. Does anyone know if there is an index at all, or do you have to try them all?

I can't access it either. I looked at Apollo Bay and it shows there but is greyed out. I also don't have Other under Settings - Downloads - Australia. Does anyone know if there is an index at all, or do you have to try them all?

Have you updated to the latest release ? I think thats a requirement