[Jun 7, 2014] Thangool Airport comes alive. (Queensland)

Keith Page

At Thangool lives the Callide Dawson Flying Group inc.

The CDFG inc welcomes everyone to their first ever fly-in at their new home Thangool Airport.

Date 7th 8th 9th June 2014.

There is good underwing camping excellent place for ones tent or van.

Plus food, drinks, entertainment and fun and forums.

More details contact:-Callide Dawson Flying Group Inc [[email protected]]

Hello Letitia,

Yes!.. The good old weather dictates a lot to us humans and there are those of us who earn a nick name caused by weather conditions.

See you there.

Regards

Keith Page

Hey Keith,

After looking at the program; looks like its going to be a lot of fun!

Plus, it's a good excuse to catch up with everybody that I haven't seen for months :)

Letitia

• 2 weeks later...

Thangool is coming together nicely, was at Thangool last week and measured out the under wing camping -- if the under wing camping area fills everyone will be very proud -- there is truck loads of space. Also there is a special area for the self contained vanners/campers and the usual location for the people who like the comforts and that is with water and power.

Looking at the weather """"Bring the Woollies even the Long Johns""""" Sorry forgot to mention bring the port as well.

Regards

Keith Page

Hey Keith,

After looking at the program; looks like its going to be a lot of fun!

Plus, it's a good excuse to catch up with everybody that I haven't seen for months :)

Letitia

And for anyone who can't make The Old Station. there's the option of coming along to Thangool just two weeks later. or better still, if you do go to Old Station still come to Thangool to finish that yarn you was having and had to go because you saw someone else you needed to catch up with...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Thought I would post this for those who might not have seen it already -

Thanks Mick....didn't know how to go about posting this. Still plenty of tickets available for the Saturday night dinner. $25 Roast dinner, dessert and tea/coffee. Short walk back to the grounds for music and chat around the campfire after dinner. Contact email for enquiries : [email protected]

Cheers..... Liz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Thangool is starting to buzz with activity and the organising committee has a bounce hence things must be going very well.

As for the weather predictions the weather gods look like they are going to be very kind.

I had a preview and I was gobbed smacked as to the size of the area for the underwing camping.

The forums will be something not to miss, there is even a forum on torque wrenchs.

I have heard a wisper one of Brockies cars will be there for all to dribble over and that is not all it is going to have a run.. So come along and have a look.

Regards

Keith Page.

• Like 2

Cab sav is all loaded for an early start tommorow. At least 4 aircraft from the whitsundays are heading down. Lunch at Dingo then on to Thangool.. See you there. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Like 1

Cab sav is all loaded for an early start tommorow. At least 4 aircraft from the whitsundays are heading down. Lunch at Dingo then on to Thangool.. See you there. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Look forward to seeing plenty of pics Ian .

Guest Maj Millard

Miss Adventure 2 loaded and fuelled for launch in the morning Townsville to Dingo...see you there Ian..........Maj....Chief Pilot.

Guest Maj Millard
Hey Keith,After looking at the program; looks like its going to be a lot of fun!

Letitia

Letitia........Looking foward to meeting you at Thangool, and anybody else too of course....Ross Millard....

I would love to be there but just got the girlfriend all sorted last weekend she is running sweet as a peach now and the farm calls this weekend. got to check out the new hangar here at the farm. Its almost finished so have to check it all over incase there is some issues. I will be here so if you can comfortably land in 300 odd metres then feel free to drop in for a cuppa or a rest stop. Will be here for friday and saturday so any Briso's overflying on the way call in .....will be listening on CH26 UHF CB give me a call.

Mark

I flew out to Thangool today and the setup is looking great. There was already about a dozen aircraft there when I left at about 3.30pm. Unfortunately other commitments mean I won't be there for the rest of the weekend. Bit of a shame as it looks like it is going to be a great event.

I hope you guys that are there will post lots of pics.

Thangool airfield certainly came Alive today with preparation for the Callide Dawson Flying Group Inc fly in starting tomorrow. Here some early photos of this upcoming event which promises to be a great success.

image.jpg.746d888840635ba948d17fec8d744969.jpg

image.jpg.1c1a0337e0c030c554cf13cfeac6ae55.jpg

image.jpg.fea3d5eb2f340cb95f9deb52583636aa.jpg

image.jpg.b2b240616b039b192adfee58c419781c.jpg

image.jpg.9f8eea78f50ad1945aff6dbbb927e998.jpg

image.jpg.97a36d34aea11611f6095d07d969cf9f.jpg

image.jpg.844fafc668874d55d47fa29f445cf47a.jpg

image.jpg.086d40ca9a7d363e485776a7af82965e.jpg

image.jpg.24be94092d1ab19f00d66efd90a03e13.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, the facilities that the Callide Dawson Flying Group have here including a massive bitumen and grass strips all professionally maintained is a true asset to any flying club.

Saturday morning 6.30 am weather blue skies with some scattered High cirrus cloud, No Wind.

image.jpg.0cbd772c695bfc8bb86914adfbfde611.jpg

More

Thangool airfield certainly came Alive today with preparation for the Callide Dawson Flying Group Inc fly in starting tomorrow. Here some early photos of this upcoming event which promises to be a great success.

More great pics from Graham & Val!

Good one Puk, sorry I couldn't get to this one. Had Tuggie commitments for the gliding club at Watts Bridge this weekend - 32 tows in two days my rights leg has developed Pawnee syndrome. Fly the flag mate.

Err, I liked your post Neil, not because you missed Thangoool but because you were flying the Pawnee . If that makes sense.