Wellcamp

Yenn

Be interesting to see what facilities (RNAV etc.) are put in place at Wellcamp for use by Airline Academy of Australia (Royal QLD Aero Club) to finish off their pilot training.. New enrolments in their courses have been well down and my understanding is nothing is currently planned to move much from Archerfield. I guess their hoping that wannabees looking at courses offered around the country may see the exclusive use of a new airport would be an advantage but really.....

Of more note that is creating interest is the pending move of BASAIR into Archerfield and an ILS being installed into Gold Coast airport..

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RNAV/GNSS approaches have already been published for Wellcamp.

I know they are, but to get your initial command instrument rating you still need the legacy aids

And there is an ILS at Oakey

Fat lot of good that is trying to use that for landing at Wellcamp and at this stage Oakey are still anal about civil training flights being allowed into their airspace.

I'm just interested to see what (if anything) that they put in..

Um.... FT... I thought the idea of a training facility (at the large jets level) was noted back at the start?

Meanwhile... commentary about light aircraft access to Wellcamp was never a blanket 'no'. There was a statement that public access by private flights at the lighter end of the aviation was not happening - in context, this was in relation to an assertion Wellcamp could allow Toowoomba to close as all operations including private flights generally could come across. That point was clearly articulated as not an option as Wellcamp was not going to be a free-for-all facility (not free as in no landing fees, free in the other sense) like Toowoomba.

Light aircraft housed at the airfield due to hangar/facilities ownership were always going to allowed to operate...

Frankly, as an individual, I am utterly over the continual bullshit being spread on the topic of Wellcamp. Some of this garbage is being perpetuated via traditional media, significant amounts online (what a shock...) and this site, in particular, seems to be home to a disturbing level of farcical commentary. The range of crap is from mild (which would be amusing if not for the sustained less mild carry on), to the contemptuously uneducated and manifestly wrong.

Flippant remarks aren't out of place anywhere, but some people ought to get a grip on reality. Yes, FT, I will admit that I am referring to you as one (but by no means the only) to whom I refer.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Was there ever a plan to do training Adam? Nothing on the Wellcamp website I ever remember reading. No spin about training opportunities until the announcement.

I can't see this being on much benefit to the airport as the school is based out of Archerfield and USQ is in Ipswich and Springfield.

Will be a good use of the airport as the students will get maximum flying hours without waiting for traffic.

• Winner 1

Hi! Adam

The Wagners do not have to broadcast everything they are up to, as I have said before what a good location for training.. Ya got to get the radio calls correct. Before F_T gets excited have a fly in and out of Emerald when the RPTs are about --- that is a bit hectic and think that could be busier than Rockhampton.

With aircraft coming in and out and one doing circuits that will be good training regarding radio and planning in the circuit.

Regards,

KP.

Went back for looks, FT.

Up until the current Wellcamp website went live, the initial marketing site contained a similar list on what might be suited to operations/facilities at Wellcamp - it was behind the SITEPLAN tab. This was up all through this year and, unless I am mistaken, late in 2013 as well.

It was also put, even back then, that negotiation (by any industry sector business) could be entered into for infrastructure to be built specific to the need and those facilities leased by the applicant.

You may notice the list included "Aviation training and support industries".

Regarding USQ... you are a little misguided as to the actual realities of that institution's offerings.

Just in case anyone is reading this thread and mistakes FT's 'information' as accurate and intends making decisions around it (you fail at life, by the way, if you take this info as gospel when it would be more credibly sourced directly from USQ et al's websites) I have included a little clarification below.

While the university is intending to base an aviation-aligned professor or associate professor at the Ipswich (on the Yamanto side) campus, the courses forming the currently offered aviation degrees are offered at multiple campuses and externally. Those courses are absolutely available on campus at Toowoomba.

As far as the Wellcamp education facilities - yes, the training operator does current operate from elsewhere. What you fail to consider is fairly obvious implication that this could either represent that service moving to a multiple site operation OR a relocation. I would not presume to know which... but in either case, technical/practical training was very clearly articulated as intended for facilitation at Wellcamp.

FT, as is becoming a fairly common happening, has inferred incorrect information.. again.

siteplan.jpg.59087f5d38df560e6a8da02cd80736f6.jpg

siteplan.jpg.2a30958926a87439b2e5529412f8dec2.jpg

• Like 1

One line on a website doesn't infer much of a plan. USQ helped develop Wagner's range of "green concrete" and other hybrid concrete products, so they are sort of bound to offer in principle support of John's wacky plans.

Like I said Adam flying out of Archerfield and doing a few circuits won't make much difference to Wellcamp. I wouldn't be surprised if all ATP schools in SEQ have some arrangement to use Wellcamp, it makes sense but not a lot of money.

Good Afternoon Adam

Thank you for collating the good positive information regarding Wellcamp with regard your discoveries they really prove how negative F_T is.

All I can say is "Keep up the good work Adam" and when Wellcamp is buzzing with activity what will F_T have to comment on then??

Probably his posts will factored around "Corruption"..

Regards

KP..

• Like 1

F_T............Looks like the good facts overwhelm your negativity as your standard answer is always regarding, "Pills"..

As Wellcamp is a local business and you are a local why not get in and promote Wellcamp instead of bagging it on every point you can dream up.

Regards

KP.

Keith mate, not being negative, I can tell when you haven't taken your pills.Are you going to buy a block of the Wellcamp business park and develop?

I am looking into 2 interests at the moment see how we go.. Must make sure it is good..

Do you want to be a client?.... I will look after you, everyone money is the same you know.

Regards

KP..

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello F_T

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas..

Just wondering.. I have taken my pills over Christmas.. That is my side of the bargain.

Now we need the Welcamp updates according to F_T. Just asking.

Regards

KP.

Some feedback for you Keith, my mum was reading the local rag earlier this week and some woman had the cheek to write in and complain about her first flight being cancelled and subsequently having to reorganize her flight out of Brisbane at short notice. Then complained about her second flight having to stop at Tamworth on the way to Sydney to refuel.

Some people just never happy.

F_T

I knew you would find the bad things however that still proves you are keeping some sorta eye on the ball.

OK ...............Now what are some good things? E.g.. What is the coffe like out there.?

Regards

KP.

Keith old mate not good or bad, just an evolving situation. The passengers missing their connecting flights due to the refueling stop is noteworthy as your high volume traveler would find this unacceptable in this day and age. Not saying it didn't happen with Skytrans but I never heard of a Skytrans plane needing to divert for fuel.

I was surprised that Qantaslink where refueling their planes in Tamworth, I was sure one of Wellcamp's key revenue sources was the fuel supply business.