Wellcamp

Yenn

The ppl from NSW where saying that they would ship their beef via Wellcamp as its 320Kms versus Sydney 720Kms, so no new markets just different airports. I would imagine most of today's 70 tonnes normally would go via Brisbane. The biggest problem for Wellcamp is [still] no passenger volume.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys would be surprised how much restaurant meat in my area is from Oz, very proud of it and with the new China/Oz agreement dropping large amounts of import tax and duties on Australian goods, it's increasing all the time right now.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, I was at a meeting a few months back with one of China's largest logistics companies (a China top 500) and a smaller regional one and they were discussing about putting extra ships and containers on to bring the expected increase in imports FROM Australia to China. Many contracts have already been signed and some has already started.

• Like 1

The ppl from NSW where saying that they would ship their beef via Wellcamp as its 320Kms versus Sydney 720Kms, so no new markets just different airports. I would imagine most of today's 70 tonnes normally would go via Brisbane. The biggest problem for Wellcamp is [still] no passenger volume.

Can't you find something positive?

Regards,

KP.

• Caution 1

I'm still going through my flight training, but from how I read ERSA and looking at current charts, I've come to the conclusion that Brisbane Wellcamp is a place RAAus aircraft can fly into and out of, am I right?

Cool, when I complete my training, I have a friend who wants to have a fly, he lives in Oakey, so Wellcamp is an ideal location to pick him up from. I was thinking Toowoomba, but it has landing fees. The other option I guess is Dalby, but that's a big detour around restricted airspace.

The Wagners got really lucky yesterday, there was a big storm that came in yesterday and missed the airport by a few hundred metres and an hour after the 8F left. Imagine if it had hit when that 747 was landed.

Everyone would have been "quickly put that plane in a hangar" and the Wagners would be "there are no hangars, apart from the one the we build for our beech air and it won't take a 747"

CUiWTmTUYAE9isk.jpg

CUiRu5vU8AAEaD4.jpg

CUiRu9LU8AAFGkR.jpg

I'm still going through my flight training, but from how I read ERSA and looking at current charts, I've come to the conclusion that Brisbane Wellcamp is a place RAAus aircraft can fly into and out of, am I right?

If you are wealthy.

Might cost a pretty penny, check the charges on the Wellcamp airport web site.Wayne

Checked: $60 MIN PLUS GST Landing fee.

Not bad for a B737, but yes, kinda prohibitive for me. I will have to research my options further.

Is

The Wagners got really lucky yesterday, there was a big storm that came in yesterday and missed the airport by a few hundred metres and an hour after the 8F left. Imagine if it had hit when that 747 was landed.Everyone would have been "quickly put that plane in a hangar" and the Wagners would be "there are no hangars, apart from the one the we build for our beech air and it won't take a 747"

CUiWTmTUYAE9isk.jpg

CUiRu5vU8AAEaD4.jpg

CUiRu9LU8AAFGkR.jpg

Is that you and the missus FT?

• 1 month later...

I am going to fly an old bloke in there who has terminal cancer. The landing fees are stupid for GA, but this lad really wants to see the place and I would love to be the one to fly and old retired pilot in there for a look. So I am going to hire a smhick glass cockpit 182 in the new year and take him there for a look. I will happily suck up the stupid costs this time.

• Like 1

Was in the termainal yesterday and noticed that two arrivals were on the board, a qantas link flight arriving at 17:00 and one at 23:58 with a flight number starting with SNA.....

Media was there covering news of the Air North flights but what I could not figure out was why they were filming xmas presents being scanned by security!

What a dummy...all became clear on the local news last night...Santa was arriving at midnight.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Wayne

• Like 1