Wellcamp

Yenn

Towoomba aye, how do they feel about making it the "hub" for Australia's premier rec aviation nationals. Every yr....ANYTHING... That has wings, even hot air balloon folks,

Vintage, Raa, gyros, microlites, balloons, gliders.........hello Oshkosh.

Just a thought. ( the Wagner lads have plenty of $$$, and don't mind spending it. )

Apart from that Towoomba is geographically placed fairly good.

• Like 2

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot of motels/taxis/restaurants in Toowoomba, the Gold Coast is the obvious spot for tourism.

A V8 Supercar race will attract a lot more interest than the airport, GC600 race gets 180,000, Townsville 400 70,000 people so Toowoomba would probably get somewhere between that on race day.

Wagners would probably make more money using the runway for parking on race day than the entire year as an airport.

Rus

I will go along with that, Toowoomba is central however the Victorians will have a moan.

The only down side is the controled air space, with a good working radio that is not a problem either.

Regards

KP.

• Like 1

From little things........big things grow.

The Wagner lads have the venue, they got the drive, .......our own 4 day Oshkosh.

Think about it.........

• Like 1

From little things........big things grow.The Wagner lads have the venue, they got the drive, .......our own 4 day Oshkosh.

Think about it.........

And best of all they've got FT on board!

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

The problem with Wagner's dream is it doesn't work, i would prefer they stick to making money and paying taxes than building pointless infrastructure.

It's just a shame they didn't build a high speed railway from Toowoomba to Brisbane

The race track will go down a treat, compare Toowoomba(120K) to Warwick(20k). Warwick has a race track, drag strip, polo paddock, horsing areas

http://www.wht.org.au/morgan-park.html

Ok, they may not be interested in GA, ( I take it you checked that ) but I'm saying they are interested in profile, promotion, and all that comes with it.

I also think state govt might just get to thinking here, Qld is seeking activities that draw folks to Qld, we have here a multimillion $ development , it's going to rattle some cages, any half decent proposal will attract interest. An Australian Oshkosh could be a real teaser for them.

I'm done....just thought I'd put it out there.

Well it's hard to get a straight answer out of the Council, Media or Wagners. One week we are doing 1million passengers and 100% passenger focused the next week its 1000 jumbos of beef into China. the problem with building out there is the soil has a high level of organic matter, they have had to dig 5 meters of topsoil to lay the runway.

The question is what is going to happen to TWB, it could handle a decent sized aviation event, more so now that the RTP is now gone.

• 2 weeks later...
Not a lot of motels/taxis/restaurants in Toowoomba, the Gold Coast is the obvious spot for tourism.A V8 Supercar race will attract a lot more interest than the airport, GC600 race gets 180,000, Townsville 400 70,000 people so Toowoomba would probably get somewhere between that on race day.

Wagners would probably make more money using the runway for parking on race day than the entire year as an airport.

Let's only look at the very first item. Motels.

FT... just how many motel rooms do ya reckon need to be within, lets say 30 minutes of Toowoomba CBD for such an event to be viable here? How many rooms do you think there are in motels in the Toowoomba region? Do you even know?

Quantify it, FT.

A million can be "not that many" depending on its relativity.

How many rooms/beds are there here? The number of motels means nothing. The number of rooms and beds is of material importance.

How many are there?

How many do you think are needed?

And you marketed in room net access? You mean... you actually thought something was viable enough to be positive about it?

Adam if you can show the demand I'll happily believe in Wellcamp.

Did you see that Joyce has inked a deal to ship live cattle to China? Most going via Darwin/Rockhampton. Jobs in local abattoirs safe apparently.

In room internet access was a good little earner until smart phones and USB sticks came along.

Did you see that Joyce has inked a deal to ship live cattle to China? Most going via Darwin/Rockhampton. Jobs in local abattoirs safe apparently.

If the cattle aren't dead when they leave Australia, then why are local abattoir jobs safe, are they going to start a reality show with stories about what they used to do?

Motel rooms for what though Adam? what new tourism event is happening in toowoomba? Ill admit I have no recollection of how many motel rooms there are within 20 minutes of Toowoomba. I had the golf club as a customer when they first opened their motel but the occupancy was never great. At a guess, there can't be more than 4000 motel rooms around Toowoomba. It only took me 3 weeks to contact every motel in toowoomba

TP: live exporters compete with abattoirs for cattle, the abattoirs are worried the chinese will buy up all the stock.