Wellcamp

Yenn

I don't think that Wagner's did anything illegal with the application development. Alan Jones is saying that.

I'm saying I can't see how its ever going to make any money. I haven't seen any indication that there is enough demand from passenger or freight to sustain it. Transitioning from running a monopoly business like cement to something like an airport is a big jump.

A lot of this marketing material shows some of the assumptions they have been making along the way. Have a look at the size of the terminal, laughable.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you guys posting at 2 and 3 am on a Friday night?

I work till about then every night, 7 days a week. The Wagners probably do too.

Bex have you considered Wellcamp for your Australian distribution centre for the bexmotor? Its close to major markets, Sydney is overnight, daily flights from China. Warehouses going cheap.

I guess I could consider it.

I might have to also consider taking full responsibility for those employees who left school at 15 expecting $2000 a week for 30 hours of real work, 4 weeks holiday, 10 days sick, insurance, payroll tax, HSO regs, BAZ, statuary training, meet environmental issues, wheelchair ramps, gardens, allocated car parks, Council visits, etc, etc and generally a Government who not only couldn't give 2 hoots if I succeed or not, but actually seem hell bent on taking me down.

Yeah I could consider it I guess.

• Like 1

Buggar me, Bexrbetter... you must be one of them blasted business owners/self-employed types, being up these hours... [/sarcastica]

Don't get too rich or big... some-one will surely spruik about how your downfall will be blah blah blah...

There are two types of Australians:

Those that sit and whinge that we are going down the drain and that everyone that actually does something is an idiot.

And those that actually take chances, look to the future, and live life.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

There are two types of Australians:Those that sit and whinge that we are going down the drain and that everyone that actually does something is an idiot.

And those that actually take chances, look to the future, and live life.

To take a chance and 'make a lemonade stand' is one thing, but to tread on so many others and utilise backdoor methodologies to get there is surely cause for curiosity??

Adam posting at 1am on a Saturday night? try tinder.

What's with the care factor with what hours people keep all about?

s and utilise backdoor methodologies to get there is surely cause for curiosity??

If there wasn't so many front doors to negotiate there wouldn't be a need for anyone to backdoor anything.

This is what I think is quiet bizarre, no one ever reads beyond the headline. I bumped into some friends that went to the open day and they where excited that Wagners where now building two airports in Scotland.

It costs next to nothing to ship a container to Singapore or China as the containers usually go back empty.

Your best quality high end beef is dry aged for 2-4 weeks, and Wagners are arguing air freighting wet aged beef will be able to compete in that market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_aging

It costs next to nothing to ship a container to Singapore or China as the containers usually go back empty.

Yeah, billshut, have you done it?

Takes the same machines and manpower to return the container full or empty, the only difference is you can usually get it on a boat quicker, as long as it's not wheat season.

now its showing you posting at 4:44am?

Well 2.55am here and just finished my Skype appointment with the UK and think I'll go to sleep now, will get 5 hours in then off to the factory.

FYI.

Dr.Zoos and dazza.

As one is out and about doing the crafts of life, when one needs to get home, then flying is it.

Then booking a flight becomes the new exercise, WELL.

Brisbane to Rockhampton all day Monday, Virgin was fully booked even no room for sardine, then Tuesday morning was full no sardine room again. The very expensive seats were the only ones available from lunch time on (Tuesday), the sensible ones were all purcahsed.

The only two sensible seats to be had, they were at 7.40 Tuesday night. Hence I was on the 7.40 flight there was no evidence of an empty seat when I got on the plane.

I say Virgin was booked 100% for those two days, "yes" even waited a bit for take off.

For me:-That section of the Brisbane Airport was full to capacity. No orbits coming into Rockhampton - Rocky was good.

Regards

KP.

FYI.Dr.Zoos and dazza.

As one is out and about doing the crafts of life, when one needs to get home, then flying is it.

Then booking a flight becomes the new exercise, WELL.

Brisbane to Rockhampton all day Monday, Virgin was fully booked even no room for sardine, then Tuesday morning was full no sardine room again. The very expensive seats were the only ones available from lunch time on (Tuesday), the sensible ones were all purcahsed.

The only two sensible seats to be had, they were at 7.40 Tuesday night. Hence I was on the 7.40 flight there was no evidence of an empty seat when I got on the plane.

I say Virgin was booked 100% for those two days, "yes" even waited a bit for take off.

For me:-That section of the Brisbane Airport was full to capacity. No orbits coming into Rockhampton - Rocky was good.

Regards

KP.

Hi Keith, it is going to be interesting when the G20 is on. I have to fly out of Brisbane during the G20.

Ian is based in Melbourne. I don't know if the server location in the US has anything to do with the timestamp on posts. However half of Australia (except Qld, WA and Tas) started daylight saving last weekend, which would account for the one hour difference.

Hi Keith, it is going to be interesting when the G20 is on. I have to fly out of Brisbane during the G20.

I can not imagine what drammas will generated with G20.. One has to ask is G20 worth it.

There will be a 90nm radius of Brisbane airport -- restricted zone, I am not up to speed what is required to operate with in this zone.

Get ones maps out have a look......... Past Toowoomba, Past Gympie, Past Lismore they are all included..

Who's hair brain schemme was that?

90nm in a puddle jumper who can imagine that and those people run our country.

Regards

Keith Page