Wellcamp

Yenn

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bex in a legal sense you are correct, but there are other factors governing human behaviour. If I feel it my civic duty to pay my tax rather than spend huge amounts on a tax-dodging mechanism am I, as you say, "silly"? Are the low income masses, who can't evade taxes also "silly"?

OK, you have twisted my words, I didn't call anyone silly, I said it would be silly of them to not take advantage of tax cuts available to them.

Just as it would be silly for a lower income earner to not take advantage of the tax threshold, boot allowance, or what ever tax cuts are available to them. My Daughter claims all her fuel and car maintenance, she can so why wouldn't she?

One of the pillars of any stable and progressive society is a fair and effective tax system to fund the transport, communications, education and rule of law on which our economy is based. If you can't see this, take a look at Africa.

If you think Australia has a fair and effective tax system from go to whoa, all I can politely say is that I somewhat disagree.

Do our wealthy reinvest their money into building and sustaining the very infrastructure their wealth is based on? Or do they spend it on tax-avoidance?

I know there is quite the cross section of social character and responsibility across the board regardless of if people are wealthy or not.

You can't say "tax avoidance" unless you are refering to those who are actually breaking the law. This sub-subject is about the rich who are being determined not to be paying their way equally by mostly envious people seeing green. The fact is those wealthy people are within the law, it is the law that is at fault and the law is the responsibility of everyone.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Will I be allowed to fly in, in the drifter?

I hope you can, It would be good to see some lighties on display. Were a couple of home builts and other lighties at first open day. You should contact organizer about flying in on the day. Beat the traffic jam!

• Like 1

Anyone going to the airport open day on the 28th? Last open day was very well organized.

I will if I can fly in 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Probably... if I'm in town that day... I wonder if FP will go... he could hassle John Wagner and get answers...Those answers may be less than cordial. Perhaps some of us could rock up with folding chairs and popcorn?

Might throw a pair of boxing gloves in as well. 041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

Soooooo..... a terminal building is nothing?

And I guess... at a stretch, it is pretty much impossible that carpet may be laid post-photography?

You are just a miserably negative person. If we every meet, it will be by accident. Please don't let me not realise you are you, if us meeting happens.

Soooooo..... a terminal building is nothing?And I guess... at a stretch, it is pretty much impossible that carpet may be laid post-photography?

You are just a miserably negative person. If we every meet, it will be by accident. Please don't let me not realise you are you, if us meeting happens.

FT must be off his pills again

You guys are just natural optimists. The LNP have slated $35B of public assets to be sold after the next election and some how reckon that TWB wont get sold. Once TWB is gone, it's gone for good.

Oh... The airport is situated on State-owned land, is it?

• Like 1

FT has been getting as good as he is dishing out. There are two side to this story, as we have seen from the press on Avalon - not all plans work out, but on the other hand there are possibilities with the project.

And at least FT is FT, and is consistent. What is far more concerning are people who infiltrate sites using several "personalities", some of which communicate with each other, usually starting with a Dorothy Dixer question which sucks genuine people in, but the subject matter is only designed for personal gratification usually to see just how far people can be pushed. Some of these people give themselves away every time, but with others you don't quite know.

• Agree 1

On FIFO shift change days, mainly Wednesday, we are more often that not delayed taking off, sometimes up to 15 minutes. We also every now and again are delayed and have to complete a orbit over the Brisbane valley or slow down due to traffic. I cant comment on other days ad I am a FIFO worker and on Wednesdays the joint is packed.

You are correct Dazza,

To help you-----.. In and out of Rockhampton. Might be one or two seats empty occasionally going into Brisbane quite often have orbits sorta up Kingaroy way, not to mention the que for departing aircraft. The RPT out of Thangool quite often waits on the ground so the landing slot can be juggled. Sydney to Brisbane flights, orbits south of Brisbane are normal.

I have a friend who flys for the RFDS and it is a regular occurrence --- he has to slow up coming into Brisbane, this is when he brags about the wiz wheel regarding ground speed calculations. This is a wiz wheel lesson everyone should have.

Regards

KP

• Like 1

And at least FT is FT, and is consistent. What is far more concerning are people who infiltrate sites using several "personalities", some of which communicate with each other, usually starting with a Dorothy Dixer question which sucks genuine people in, but the subject matter is only designed for personal gratification usually to see just how far people can be pushed. Some of these people give themselves away every time, but with others you don't quite know.

Stop making sense. The internet isn't for seriousness - it is for amusements, wasting time and living life online instead of... um, not online.

But in all seriousness, you kinda have a point. His posts have a common attitude. Can't fault that.

In this case... well... um... it makes me, for one, scratch my head as to where the hell he is getting his thoughts from.

By the way, I'll stand corrected, but my last question to him was rhetorical. Toowoomba's airport land is owned by the council. The LNP can't sell it - so correlating the LNP and asset sales with the likely future of that land was about as relevant as me saying all Aussie pilots will die from ebola because a Monkey in Africa bit a child astronaut who had a mate who's sister's husband knows a pilot who lives in England. It just doesn't make sense.

www.casa.gov.au/.../lib100244/prelim_airspace_assess_bne-wellcamp.pdf · PDF file

Getting back to the original post of this thread, Yenn (bless his heart) wondered what impact the opening of this airport was going to have on us yokels. For those wanting some light reading, have a geeza at the attached link.

With Toowoomba Airport's future tenure, it does come under Commonwealth Law and is administered by TRC.. It would take an act of Federal parliament to dispose of the airport, not an asset sale by either State or local government.

I opted to triple check about the airport land...

I sought verbal confirmation and then requested and was sent the first page of the title search for the land.

Toowoomba's airport is owned by council. Period. Council's website actually identifies the airport as one of three it owns and operates.

The LNP is a state organisation so even if it were the case that the airport was on crown land, LNP directives have no bearing (the Feds are still a coalition).

The title, in fee simple, is council's.

I stand corrected about the ownership status Adam, thanks for checking. Still there is a plethora of aerodromes throughout Australia that are protected under Commonwealth Law and I would imagine YTWB is amongst these, although ownership has passed to either council or private lease etc.,. I would think that council selling off the airport may prove difficult. TRC tried to up the rents at the airport and had to back down as regardless of Wellcamp it is an important community utility.. Rumours about any pending sales have been furiously denied by both council and even on the news last night within state government.

Wagners are confident, they have only put up "expressions of interest" for the airport positions and they are less than 2 months from a running airport.

http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH13/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=WAGNER&cws=1

If anyone is planning on going to the airport open day the last one was packed and a few ppl commented that they turned around after waiting on the road for an hour. So go early to avoid the traffic jam.

TP - Bridge St is the northern boundary...

The recent runway extension was to the east...

It would appear the current size may actually be ideal with anything too large (or approaching the limits) to operate being shunted to Wellcamp, a facility that has been publicly noted as not being for the use of light aircraft.

Some of the movement to Wellcamp could also free up some space, incidentally. Although, it's an assumption that some indicated moves will correlate to vacated and thus available space.

DD - it could be that Toowoomba's land was a gift from crown land holdings that gave the idea the land wasn't council's... there is no federal protection of the existing use.

The leases in place are all for space within the freehold area.

And just for clarity, don't mistake me for one harbouring any concerns or ideas that Toowoomba aerodrome may close.

I am well aware of the public statements on this issue. I'm also well aware things can change. Currently the place is open. However, no existing use is safe - a policy or needs change is all it takes.

Those buzzing kites at Wellcamp sparked the public commentary on what will have access to that airport... Go back through the posts in this thread and you'll see a comment on what that means as far as mooting a Toowoomba closure...

But hey, at the end of the day I'm just another forum poster... Future history will resolve all the conjecture.