Jabiru USA video

jetjr

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you - seriously though - think that Jabiru is the only aircraft manufacturer that might have exposure to product liability lawsuits, then you are either naive or wilfully manipulating the real situation.

Either go learn the facts, or STFU. Or, alternatively, continue to place yourself in the camp of dedicated Jab. bashers with no more justification than your own assertions, oft repeated.

Gippsaero is no longer an 'Aussie' company; Seabird has been shafted by its USA subsidiary and is no longer an 'Aussie' company, Brumby are Chinese owned... Jabiru is the 'last man standing' in terms of an Aussie aero company competing in world markets for serious, fixed-wing, 3-axis aircraft. But hey - in order to cement their status as legends in their own lunchtime, even Board members of RAA pursue a campaign of pulling Jabiru down; when we have NO indigenous manufacturer supplying the RAA market, you can thank these people.

Are they just motivated by concerns about safety? Look at their personal commercial interests in servicing non-Jabiru products.

• Agree 6

Cheer up Oscar

Go look at the actual 'certification' of a new Cessna 172 - it's an 'upgrade' of the 1950's C172, to take advantage of the statute of limitations for liability decreed by the US Congress. Learn your history, or be plainly shown as ignorant.

Gippsaero is no longer an 'Aussie' company; Seabird has been shafted by its USA subsidiary and is no longer an 'Aussie' company, Brumby are Chinese owned... Jabiru is the 'last man standing' in terms of an Aussie aero company competing in world markets for serious, fixed-wing, 3-axis aircraft. But hey - in order to cement their status as legends in their own lunchtime, even Board members of RAA pursue a campaign of pulling Jabiru down; when we have NO indigenous manufacturer supplying the RAA market, you can thank these people.Are they just motivated by concerns about safety? Look at their personal commercial interests in servicing non-Jabiru products.

yet the governments are happy to throw $Billions at the car manufacturing, even after they decide to leave our shores, but not one cent to help our aviation manufacturing industry... its like someone said recently the governments in Oz dont give a shite unless you can dig it up and sell it off.

• Agree 4
  • Caution 2

Mike

Yea thats right , jabiru have always dumped customers that have been rude , disrespectful to staff or management,Ive had 5 jabs and built plenty ,

So i know that resolving problems had a good outcome , and support from the factory was always top notch .

After reading Rods letter , ill be returning the data plate and notify raa .

Thats not a problem for me .

My advice is be polite , its amazing what doors open .

The alternate is not the sort of person i want to be , the worlds full of agro .

Mike[/quoteAgr]

Totally agree.In all my dealings with Jabiru they have been prompt,and most helpful 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Agree 1

Cheer up Gandalph, remember when the Jab's first started blewing exhaust valves and the factory determined that the mechanics couldn't work out how to use a feeler gauge properly and this could only be fixed by adopting a hydraulic valve train. Happy days indeed

Cheer up Gandalph, remember when the Jab's first started blewing exhaust valves and the factory determined that the mechanics couldn't work out how to use a feeler gauge properly and this could only be fixed by adopting a hydraulic valve train. Happy days indeed

Thanks. FT, I remain cheerful and upbeat with the progress on our aircraft.

As always FT, you have provided a glib, biased and skewed response. Can you provide verifiable references to support your view? Or would facts inconvenience your view?

my views are based on facts

Jabiru's US market share is 4.1%

http://www.bydanjohnson.com/index.cfm?b=1&m=5&i=48

Their share of the OEM LSA engine market a bit less, if you take out Jabiru airframes even less than a bit less.

http://www.bydanjohnson.com/index.cfm?b=7

Now there has to be a reason why so many professional aircraft engineers and manufacturers give Jabiru engines an almost unanimous NO. But that's merely speculation which I won't enter into, just accept that these guys are professionals and have a lot riding on the success of their planes.

Now lets have your facts

I was inviting you to provide some verification of the assertions you presented in your post #37

Nice attempt to divert and obscure.

Do you want to have another try at justifying #37 or are you just going to keep on with your snipes?

• Agree 1

my views are based on facts. Well I invited you to provide them but you seem to have choosen to try and divert to another tack.Jabiru's US market share is 4.1%. And that signifies what exactly? That Jabiru is more popular in the USA than Rans; Pipistrel; aeroprakt; LSA America; TL Ultralight etc, etc,etc, not too shabby for a small outfit from Bundy!

http://www.bydanjohnson.com/index.cfm?b=1&m=5&i=48

Their share of the OEM LSA engine market a bit less, if you take out Jabiru airframes even less than a bit Wow? and that means what exactly?

Now there has to be a reason why so many professional aircraft engineers and manufacturers give Jabiru engines an almost unanimous NO. Do they? What EVIDENCE can you provide for that astounding assertion?

my views are based on factsNow lets have your facts

Mate, I'm not the one running a character/business assassination campaign. I'm not running any line other than trying to get you to either put up or stop. ( Being polite there Moderators )

Gandalph, if you are trying to elicit an intelligent and reasoned response from FT, may I politely point out that there is a fundamental flaw in your logic? Many have tried, and realised that further sacrifice of innocent electrons is a complete WOFTAM.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You are struggling with the concept of a B market. Rotax, UL Power, D-Motor even Hirth have fuel injection as an option. The B market always looks for a cheaper alternative and are happy to take a compromise.

fuelinjection.jpg.f3fed28047b6c2bc1c4cf40808678944.jpg

You are struggling with the concept of a B market. Rotax, UL Power, D-Motor even Hirth have fuel injection as an option. The B market always looks for a cheaper alternative and are happy to take a compromise.[ATTACH=full]31764[/ATTACH]

Every market -by definition- is characterised by supply and demand. Jabiru produces a low cost engine using the tried and proven Bing carby and magneto ignition. As a result of this supply, there are customers who demand this product because it produces the horsepower they want, has the required weight and size for their project and is within their budget, among other factors. Jabiru is supplying this product because clients continue to buy and use them. Does this make it a B market product? This depends how you define B. One suggestion is that B could mean Below the Rotax price?

• Like 3

[ATTACH=full]31763[/ATTACH]

Misquoting again FT.

You said in #37 "remember when the Jab's first started blewing exhaust valves and the factory determined that the mechanics couldn't work out how to use a feeler gauge properly and this could only be fixed by adopting a hydraulic valve train" (the bolding emphasis in mine.)

Jabiru said (as quoted by you in post#46: "Though many owners were quite capable of maintaining these engines, a significant number were struggling when setting valve clearance." (again the bolding is mine)

Once again you have chosen to misrepresent and misquote to bolster your own overwhelmingly negative viewpoint, or are you suggesting that either:

A. All owners are mechanics? or

B. All mechanics are owners?

FT, your continued misrepresentation and reckless defamation of organisations such as Jabiru, RAA etc. does nothing to restore your credibility in these forums.

• Agree 2

The quote about the hydraulic valves is off Jabiru's facebook page. Blame your customers 013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

My customers? Mate, you are seriously misinformed! While many of my customers, or those who might be unfortunate enough to be remanded into my custody might often be high, I'm pretty sure that none of them are pilots or aircraft owners.

Geez FT. BY now you must be running out of feet to shoot yourself in, surely!

• Like 2

You are struggling with the concept of a B market. Rotax, UL Power, D-Motor even Hirth have fuel injection as an option. The B market always looks for a cheaper alternative and are happy to take a compromise.[ATTACH=full]31764[/ATTACH]

I guess, by your your own words, that makes Lycoming, Continental, Rotax, D-Motor, UL Power and Hirth part of the B market?

As far as struggling with the concept of a B market, If I had my 'druthers, I'druther own a Pilatus PC12 or a Cessna 210 or a Aviat Husky or a ...... but I own a Jabiru so I probably don't even make it into the B marketplace, AND I'm happy to say that I don't struggle with the concept at all. ;-)

Your feet sore?