Jabiru USA video

jetjr

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here we have an Aussie company in a high-tech market, doing well - and continuing to do well in a market where Cessna and Piper have been unable to even compete! Selling INTO China, consumer products instead of raw resources. Selling probably the best combination of capability and performance on the world market for thew $$, in the form of the J230. Selling, for US$128K, a better aircraft than a base Cessna 172 at $280k.

Yet, back here, we have a dedicated small band of people whose raison d'etre seems to be denigrating the brand and taking any opportunity to try to destroy its reputation, for no obvious reason other than self-promotion.

Go figure where these people are coming from and what their motivation may be to pursue a vendetta against Jabiru.

• Agree 10

Oscar.

Sure gets my hackles up at times reading the same names complaining/rubbishing etc.

There are only a few that have a dead set against Jabiru and I just keep my mouth shut.

Remember back when forum members complained about using plastic instead of Aluminium?

Winglets that will not work? Undercarriage too weak?

I have noticed that at least one forumite has toned down his criticism of late but still manages to have a dig where possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't told or ordered to cease.

I have no problems with constructive debate, just the obvious hatred that they have.

Wouldn't like my daughter to be married to one of these twits.

There's poor old Mike, trying to get back into the air again after his forced landing and hospitalisation, which was nothing to do with the brand. Reading this crap it's a wonder if he will ever fly again.

Rant over.

Phil.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

Jab Aus production going to China

Take it for what its worth

All great news, can't see the China sales lasting due to the LSA startups here currently that will include Brumby of course, but what the hell, take 'em while you can.

There's poor old Mike, ... Reading this crap it's a wonder if he will ever fly again.

Doubt a bloke who has the guts to design and build his own unusual plane from scratch gives a toss what others say in a forum.

• Informative 1

Phil - couldn't agree more.

Jabs aren't perfect and constructive criticism can only help. A quick run through, for instance, the 'Jab. engine cooling' thread: http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/jabiru-engine-cooling.112581/ is a great example of how informative posts from non-invective posters, can really help us Jab owners to improve things. Triumphal, snide commentary when there is a Jab. down is nothing more than personal aggrandisement for the 'knockers' . We have recently seen that a realistic statistical summary from reported problems shows that about 4% of Jab's actually have forced-landing-occurrence problems - and the only recorded deaths in Jabs in this country were from one CFIT.

Jab engines are not as good as they should be - and CAMit is basing, to a considerable degree, its future on being able to manufacture a better 'Jab' engine. The years of investigation and research it has done and the mods it has designed as a result will shortly be either proven or disproven (I've put my money on it being proven..) - and if proven, A J2X/4X series, in particular, will be a serious competitor as world's best value-for-money new aircraft in the world.

There is arguably no better airframe around with demonstrated secondary safety - they get rolled up into balls, torn apart, and yet people walk away with contusions and a few scratches. They don't top the 'performance' table in any area - but for general, everyday Australian conditions PTP travellers, Jab's fly many, many thousands of hours per year with nothing less than a totally uneventful trip.

Try that with a haybale in the back of your Euro vunderkinder. I mean, a real haybale, not a Gucci toothbrush and across the top end of Australia, not down to the next town's cafe for a latte and croissant.

• Agree 5

image.jpg.2f8cd61ec7c6c4d99d477aca9b499103.jpg Tha

Oscar.Sure gets my hackles up at times reading the same names complaining/rubbishing etc.

There are only a few that have a dead set against Jabiru and I just keep my mouth shut.

Remember back when forum members complained about using plastic instead of Aluminium?

Winglets that will not work? Undercarriage too weak?

I have noticed that at least one forumite has toned down his criticism of late but still manages to have a dig where possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't told or ordered to cease.

I have no problems with constructive debate, just the obvious hatred that they have.

Wouldn't like my daughter to be married to one of these twits.

There's poor old Mike, trying to get back into the air again after his forced landing and hospitalisation, which was nothing to do with the brand. Reading this crap it's a wonder if he will ever fly again.

Rant over.

Phil.

thanks Phill,

Just to let you know that ive been flying up and down the 1200 mtr runway about 1 ft above the runway .

Just doing a prop tention and final checks , plan to fly tomorrow .

I must admit that listening to the jab nay sayers has delayed my return to the air . Its just took some time to get my confidence back .

The plane is working well and feels good in the tail department .

Ill let you know how the flight goes tomorrow .

Cheers mike .

Ive had a haircut!

• Like 7

Firstly, I own a J230, I like the performance, space and looks.

I think Jabiru did well to get this far, but I'm sure they will be on a very rough path if they don't do something about their customer service or should say total lack of. Also the failure to address engine design faults which Cammit have identified and done something about, I look forward to their success, yes I have taken the time to speak to Ian at Cammit. I would not recommend anyone to buy a Jabiru without telling them how poor their customer service is and the design faults which become obvious to experienced pilot maintainers, L2 and LAME's.

If Jabiru had good customer service and reliability they would be a success, they are sucessful now but going downhill fast, recently a very experienced L2 with a heap of Jabiru experience said it was getting worse referring to the jabiru engine failures and their causes being related to the quality, this is a fact supported by others and found in a UK website http://www.jabiruworkshop.com These are similar problems we hear of here as opposed to Jabiru,s attitude http://www.jabiru.net.au/images/jaba/Contrary_to_local_rumour.docx.

Yes the J230 is my choice of aircraft but it could be a great aircraft, I hope Jabiru lift their game. I would like to see Jabiru listening and working with Cammit and others, going to China is not the obvious fix in my opinion.

Don't brand me a Jabiru BASHER as I know the facts, own one, maintain one and wish them well but would like to see them on the right track with reliability and quality.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 2
  • Winner 1

going to China is not the obvious fix in my opinion.

That can be a bit confusing, what was said in the video ("production going to China") is that Jab are selling their product on the Chinese market, not Jab is shifting their production to China.

• Informative 3

That's as I understood it also

Re camels post

He could have rubbed them the wrong way somewhere.

I am on my second Jab and have had NO problems with their customer service in the past 10 years.

Phil

• Agree 1

[ATTACH=full]31742[/ATTACH] Thathanks Phill,

Just to let you know that ive been flying up and down the 1200 mtr runway about 1 ft above the runway .

Just doing a prop tention and final checks , plan to fly tomorrow .

I must admit that listening to the jab nay sayers has delayed my return to the air . Its just took some time to get my confidence back .

The plane is working well and feels good in the tail department .

Ill let you know how the flight goes tomorrow .

Cheers mike .

Ive had a haircut!

Well, it has been cold your way this winter. What dye do you use?

Looking forward to hearing of your return to the skies and a good report on the Avocet

Regards to Joelle and Nick.

Phil.

• Haha 1

That's as I understood it alsoRe camels post

He could have rubbed them the wrong way somewhere.

I am on my second Jab and have had NO problems with their customer service in the past 10 years.

Phil

Yea thats right , jabiru have always dumped customers that have been rude , disrespectful to staff or management,

Ive had 5 jabs and built plenty ,

So i know that resolving problems had a good outcome , and support from the factory was always top notch .

After reading Rods letter , ill be returning the data plate and notify raa .

Thats not a problem for me .

My advice is be polite , its amazing what doors open .

The alternate is not the sort of person i want to be , the worlds full of agro .

Mike

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Didnt they loose their prototype in spin testing , your right you don't hear much from them , quiet achievers .

They did Mike but the video showed that it recovered itself as Dave got out through the stopped propeller blades. Apparently he only had time for the chute to pop open before he landed hard. The GA 8 landed harder. Laurie

• Informative 1