jetjr

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Cheeky! 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Gandalph,

Respectfully, you seem to be running a personal campaign of feeding the troll !

Some time ago I found the "ignore" setting and in consequence NO FT b******t passes to my desk.

It works really well and saves a lot heat in the collar.

Just a suggestion as an alternative , saves time and wasted bandwidth.028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif

• Agree 3

051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gifGandalph,

Respectfully, you seem to be running a personal campaign of feeding the troll !

Some time ago I found the "ignore" setting and in consequence NO FT b******t passes to my desk.

It works really well and saves a lot heat in the collar.

Just a suggestion as an alternative , saves time and wasted bandwidth.028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif

Hi Cherk, I agree with all you say, and the easy way would be to ignore him. But that means he just continues to spread his venom through the forums without anyone calling him to book or challenging his continual odure bucketing. I've watched quietly for a long time and held my tongue (or keyboard in this case) until now, but enough is enough.

I take your advice kindly and I apologize if I am boring and or annoying readers. The annoying thing is that I have, on occasions and in threads that don't have the words "Jabiru", "RAA", or "Board" in them, actually seen him talk sense! I work in an industry where most of my "clients" are beyond hope of turning their life around, but in some there is a spark of hope and the possibility of rehabilitation.

Perhaps I just like the challenge.....

• Like 6
  • Caution 1

Guys, I think we're not looking at the big picture here.

There are people in our community who are defined as 'Special Needs', because their synapses do not tend to operate as normal. Silicanaceous species in particular fit this definition, and FT lives in a generally temperate climate where the extreme cold required for effective cognitive function is rarely available, therefore it is not a matter for derision at the fact that he has the intellectual capacity of a concussed duckling. Let's all try to be embracing bipedals, and allow him the freedom of his expression.

Indeed, there are about 6 'Usual Suspects' that appear on most Jabiru-oriented threads with less than useful contributions. Given that there are something in excess of 1000 Jabiru owners in this country alone, that is in fact a miniscule - almost homeopathic - proportion. It is commendable that the Internet provides these few with the democratic opportunity to express their opinion, for what it is worth (and that is about the utility of a chocolate hammer in a heatwave); but I feel we should embrace diversity of opinion here and not try to censor those who have the evident ability of bullfrogs to do accountancy in their commentary on Jabirus.

So - hey - let these people roam free - they are all part of the rich tapestry of life, just as the Obeid clan adds to the understanding of the comparative value of truth - for a given value of true. Rather than get annoyed, have the chuckle that is so evidently there for the taking, and let's get on with useful exchange of genuine information that helps us all - yes?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Your all crazy.........!031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif

FT sometimes makes a good post or two but when he talks rot ignoring him is easy. (I don't use the ignore feature as I have one built into my wonderful head which doesn't miss their good posts.)

As for the jab bashers none of us/them (ignoring ft's stirring) have said anything bad in this thread. the only negative comment was made by a jab owner who was quickly labelled as "must have rubbed them (jabiru) the wrong way".

Seems to me that both sides are as ignorant as the other.

Its a wonder any of us even bother to read a thread with jabiru in the title as there is getting to be less and less informative content and more and more egotistical wrestling.086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

• Agree 2

Seems to me that this is just another microcosm of whats already going on in the rest of the world .

. "Everybody thinks there right in there own eyes "

( no where have i red that , script & verse ) no matter how-smart , educated , dumb , or stupid .

Mike

Another forum I attend, the Boss simply locks threads like this for a day, surprisingly effective, gives everyone a moment to reflect and clear their thoughts.

Bex,

I'm sure the moderators will do just that to any thread that breaches the guidelines on this generally excellent site.

I would be quite suprised if they decided to do that to this thread.

There has been a robust but polite exchange of views in the last few pages, but I don't see any animosity or sledging going on that would require the mods shut it down. FT is entitled to his view just as I am entitled to invite him to provide some justification for those views. He doesn't appear to agree with me and I don't always agree with him. That's conversation. It serves to clarify some issues and weed out errors and misinterpretations. Isn't that one of the purposes of these forums?

I doubt that FT has taken out a contract on me and I certainly haven't taken one out on him. We will probably continue to debate some matters here and elsewhere . There is no obligation on others to read the exchanges if they don't wish to. As SDQDI so elegantly said, he has an ignore feature built into his wonderful head. Forumites should feel free to use theirs.

• Like 1

Are you assuming Gandalph has some financial connection with Jabiru? I think it's about time people declared their pecuniary interests; this thread is starting to smell rather fishy. I'm not hiding behind a pen name and I've made my position perfectly clear on other threads on this site.

• Like 1

To make things a little more clear to anyone who might harbour the suspicion that I am an agent for Jabiru, I am happy to declare my interests here:

I am part owner of a Jabiru aircraft that will have fitted a rebuilt Jabiru engine. The is the sole extent of my pecuniary interest in anything Jabiru. I, and my partner in the aircraft have fitted some CAMit modifications to the engine. That is the sole extent of my pecuniary interest in CAMit.

I post here using a pen-name because I work in an industry where, to ensure my safety and the safety of my family, I need to take some additional precautions to protect my privacy and to try to prevent my personal details from becoming available to my "clients". If and when FT and I get together for a friendly coffee or an ale, I'll be happy to introduce my-self using my correct name. Until then I will remain here as Gandalph. (as in "Gandalph the Grey", not "Gandalph the Wise".)

That FT, is the sole extent of my defensiveness. If you think or believe that I'm defensive because of anything you've posted here, sorry mate, you are very very wide of the mark.

If FT is suggesting I have any financial or other interest in Jabiru, then he is just as misinformed and/or misguided as he is with his other posts on the subject. But everyone can make an honest mistake.

I am interested in gathering any facts that are supported by evidence that will assist us to improve the performance and reliability of our engine. Innuendo, rumours, gossip and snide one line comments do not assist. That's why I continue to invite FT to back up his assertions with facts. So far, to my mind, he's failed.

• Like 3

I carnt help it , or remain silent any longer .

Every time i read the name Gandalf ,

I. Keep seeing this long haired pipe smokin dood

Its what ring he's the lord of. Lol

But as you've let slip , you bust long haired pipe smokers .

Keep up the good work .

Cheers mike

• Haha 2

'bout time for you to back up your assertions with some facts FT

I'm wondering why you are not using Genuine Jabiru engine parts but instead using Cammit parts ? I believe this is the basis for all argument as there are better products available or should I say better products for a particular application, as an example the USA jabiru is equipped with different instruments to suit their market. I would like to do what you are doing but it is not legal for me, it would be a great option but Jabiru are being stubborn as usual, read the UK link I provided and you will see they are promoting use of Cammit engine parts (experimental).

The comment made about me rubbing Jabiru the wrong way, by a couple, well let me say that Jabiru rubbed me the wrong way and that is poor customer service.

Grandalph and FT, I see both arguments and you are both right. If Jabiru listened to both of you their product would improve but as others know they don't listen to many.

I'm wondering why you are not using Genuine Jabiru engine parts but instead using Cammit parts ? I believe this is the basis for all argument.

If you have a certificated Jab. engine in your plane, then the parts in that engine (to remain certificated) HAVE to be what Jabiru have used in the TCDS. Until CAMit have a fully TCDSd engine, a CAMit-modded engine can only be used for 'Experimental' purposes OR by the use of an EO - and that's restricted to Certificated aircraft, and the EO has to be issued for a specific aircraft, due to CASA's arcane regulations.

HOWEVER - Jabiru could adopt/approve a specific version of the CAMit engine for use in their LSA aircraft. I say specific because the CAMit mods cover a number of areas of upgrade, and they have been designed very purposefully to be, in the main, completely backwards-compatible with a standard Jabiru engine. That decision means that prospective owners of CAMit-modded engines have the assurance that they have - effectively - the 'back-up' of the Jab. factory parts available to them; they are not locked-in to an engine that does not have the corporate backing of the Jab. factory.

For what should be extremely obvious reasons, Jabiru would not want to adopt/approve the use of CAMit engines until they are proven to be at the very least, as good in every department as the official Jab. engine (and yes, I do realise that this is somewhat leading with my chin here - but remember, the Jab. 2200 has a TCDS so it has passed the JAR 22H test requirements, and the 3300 is just a 2200 with two extra pots and a few small tweaks.) The necessary testing of CAMit engines to the JAR 22H standard is about to commence in earnest and in the meantime, a number of CAMit engines are accumulating real flying hours.

The testing will also provide additional research in areas of engine performance not before fully investigated, and that research is very likely to lead to further developments that will solve - or at least very significantly mitigate - problems for which it has thus far been quite difficult to determine the chain of causal factors - due in large part to the over-riding fact that proper forensic examination of the entire chain of circumstances has not been uncovered and has too often been obfuscated by assumptions of causes by people without adequate knowledge of the 'systems' that produce the causes. Simplistic shouting about problems has been of mostly negative value; proper R&D requires a great deal of time, effort and money and a depth of knowledge about every aspect of engine design - plus a certain amount of serendipity in choosing the paths of investigation to be followed.

Once the CAMit engine mods HAVE been proven, then the ball will be, I believe, firmly in Jabiru's court to adopt/approve - or ignore. That ball is about to come into play, with proper industry-standard testing carried out by the most experienced team in this country in terms of aircraft engine manufacture, certification and performance testing.

Watch this space - as they say.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Gandalph part of the fun of owning a B brand is the religious desire to defend it and the satisfaction of "winning".

Now THAT is a comment deserving of a Gold Elephant stamp for personal best! Where is the emoticon for 'amazing hypocrisy'? I nearly laughed my coffee across the screen - well done, FT, you've left me chuckling for hours yet.

Guest Andys@coffs

Guys FT posts are very very rarely longer than 1 line. I have discussed, robustly, in the past the fact that there are not enough words in one line to get your thoughts across in a way that most thinking people can turn into logical acceptance.

However as part of that robust discussion there is a personal reason for that economy of words and as such I chose to leave the subject alone from that point forward.

FT needs to understand that if he cant or wont post in detail then people will continue to not take him seriously. That's just the way it is.

All that said, if you assume that there is not a sharp mind behind those few words then IMHO you'd be wrong.

I still wish he would post more detail, but I understand, at least logically if not emotively, why he doesn't.

So.....About the weather!

Andy

Guys FT posts are very very rarely longer than 1 line. I have discussed, robustly, in the past the fact that there are not enough words in one line to get your thoughts across in a way that most thinking people can turn into logical acceptance.However as part of that robust discussion there is a personal reason for that economy of words and as such I chose to leave the subject alone from that point forward.

FT needs to understand that if he cant or wont post in detail then people will continue to not take him seriously. That's just the way it is.

All that said, if you assume that there is not a sharp mind behind those few words then IMHO you'd be wrong.

I still wish he would post more detail, but I understand, at least logically if not emotively, why he doesn't.

So.....About the weather!

Andy

Thanks Andy, I appreciate your comments and agree with what you say. I certainly don't under-estimate FT's intellect and, as I get up to his part of the world reasonable frequently, I might seek him out so that we can shout at one another in private.

Completely off topic, can I offer you my congratulations on being elected to the Board. Well done. Be warned though... We, out here in the wilderness, will expect great things.

• Agree 1