RAAus To RPL Conversion

DrZoos

So I could still continue to use my RAA certificate for my own aircraft then use the RPL for aerobatics in a certified aircraft ?

Yes and Nick is right, a class two medical is required for aeros. I would think after you have done the aerobatic rating you would be familiar enough with the aircraft to quite easily do a flight review and your instructor should not need much time to assess you.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flight review is not part of an aerobatic endorsement.

You are right of course.

Strange though that if you do a design feature endorsement you are taken to have successfully complete a flight review for that class of aircraft (Part 61.745). This could be a tailwheel, CSU or retract endorsement, but a flight activity endorsement such as aerobatics or formation does not count as a flight review.

• Agree 1

I will give everyone a hint, go and enrol at University and spend the next 4-6yrs getting a Masters or Phd in law then spend 30 years plus practising law and you may be in a position of knowing a majority of the answers to your queries. One doesn't go to the Butcher to get his hair cut, that of course is not the case if you go to Stephan!

I will give everyone a hint, go and enrol at University and spend the next 4-6yrs getting a Masters or Phd in law then spend 30 years plus practising law and you may be in a position of knowing a majority of the answers to your queries. One doesn't go to the Butcher to get his hair cut, that of course is not the case if you go to Stephan!

That doesn't make much sense. Are you saying any time you have a question about anything you should hire a lawyer?

I don't think he is; I think he's expressing the same sense of frustration I'm feeling.

What would be wrong with talking to the CFI of an operation which hires aerobatic aircraft?

to see:

1. What is technically required in terms of qualifications

2. If he will let you, with your level of skill anywhere near his expensive aircraft.

Can I apply for an RPL with an RAA certificate, do an aerobatic rating then hire an aero certified aircraft for personal use ?

There is no Aero Endorsement that can be attached to an RPL.

You would just have to do your PPL and then go for those other endorsements.

Only the following endorsements can be added to an RPL:

• controlled aerodrome endorsement

• controlled airspace endorsement

• flight radio endorsement (this requires an aviation English language proficiency assessment)

• recreational navigation endorsement (this requires minimum flight time of five hours solo cross-country and a minimum of two hours dual instrument time, of which at least one hour is instrument flight time).