Post Likes

Admin

Should the Post Likes System remain as it is or just a single Like  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Post Likes System remain as it is or just a single Like

• Keep the Likes System as it is
    • Just have a single "Like"
    • Neither, I will post my idea

I didn't think of that. How naïve am I? ) Problem with being young. Do we have cliques here? I thought is was impossible to get two of the same opinion. Nev

:cheezy grin:Except on the Atheism thread. :rotary:

I have worked on the "concept" (when I'm disciplined enough) of hoping people are sufficiently intelligent to make up their own minds, and that ALL are entitled to their opinion(s), That doesn't mean that ALL are of good intent and we get some trolls, but they get picked up on , most times. I haven't put a bar on anyone yet and don't see it as likely .I DO get a bit disappointed with the occasional less than "nice" post, but others make up for it. Nev

I could not express it better than that myself, Nev. I fully agree with these sentiments.014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

There are a couple of serial pests around the forums who ARE their own cliques, with a portfolio of "identities" who can ask the pest leading questions, support his statements, attack other people, gang up for a joint effort on posters, take temporary bans and even permanent bans, with a never ending supply of sleeper "identities" who come out of the woodwork with a history of innocent posts.

Don't think so TP, the system here picks up multiple accounts and even if 2 different people use the same Mobile device or PC, even if they completely scrub their device or reformat their hard drive because it uses a far more sophisticated security system than that. The only way would be to change their processor and main board in their phone or PC. Even if they used many different multiple mobile phones and PCs the system can still pick them up in other ways which I won't mention. Once the system highlights a potential it then flags them and automatically puts them into a monitoring system where every move is monitored. The mods are notified at the beginning and then I spend time investigating it further:

1.jpg.5ab0cc7c9034ba42e48e882c6c00dbba.jpg

Once I have investigated I either intervene or leave in the monitoring mode. For example I and the mods knew the day a person pretending to be a female joined the site and a conversation between us then happened on what to do. Many people think they can cheat the system but they can't and I am more concerned about the site than the person, I play the site, not the man and that goes for the mods as well, the "man" doesn't come into it but their history does.

TP, if you, or anyone else for that matter, suspects this then please notify us and we can check that the user is in our list

• Like 2

There are a couple of serial pests around the forums who ARE their own cliques, with a portfolio of "identities" who can ask the pest leading questions, support his statements, attack other people, gang up for a joint effort on posters, take temporary bans and even permanent bans, with a never ending supply of sleeper "identities" who come out of the woodwork with a history of innocent posts.

This would be a perfect canditate for a "REALLY???" button

A Sleeper Agent is an agent of the New World Order who is mind controlled in such a way that whatever the Elite (Freemasons, CIA, Illuminati etc.) tell them to do, they will do with a que. The agent mindlessly like a zombie does what he is told. Sleeper Agents have been used to assassinate certain peoplee that have been threats to the New World Order such as Aaron Russo.

http://theworldofconspiracytheory.wikia.com/wiki/Sleeper_Agent

Are you a Sleeper agent Brent, I mean Deb ?

What is your name Dazza? Why do you and others feel it is ok to write people's names? Does anyone ask Turbo his name or perhaps FlyingTornado?

The thing is, while Dazza, Turbo and FlyTornado don't tell you who they are, they also don't pretend to be someone they are not. I think you will find that is why people are having a go at you.

Regards Bill

The thing is, while Dazza, Turbo and FlyTornado don't tell you who they are, they also don't pretend to be someone they are not. I think you will find that is why people are having a go at you.Regards Bill

He must have his reason I guess, but it is a bit of a charade IMO.

It's not quite the same deb.

A benefit of the Internet and forums such as this is a certain amount of anonymity and some choose to go that way just giving an alias eg FT but with yourself it was/is a step further, using a real sounding name and throw in the gender confusion and it causes a certain amount of loss of respect.

I guess it comes across like we are/were being lied to rather than just hidden from.

I don't mean any disrespect and am only trying to point out how it comes across.

But anyway we are waaaaayyy off topic

• Informative 1

Be careful "deborahlwayman", you are here on tender hooks especially after the continual bashing and bad mouthing me personally and this site that you have continually done over the years everywhere you go, and apart from one phone call apology many years ago for something you did you have not apologised publicly for everything since then. So just be careful and don't push it

Ps for what it's worth I'm Sam and my last name starts with d hence the SD and I'm from near Quirindi hence the QDI, but I in no way expect everyone to be happy giving their identity out here and am quite happy to deal with alias's

• Agree 2

This has gone a bit off topic (unusual!) but I would suggest that anyone, and that seems to be almost everyone, who uses a pseudonym here is appearing or identifying here as someone they are not. Does it really matter? As an example, my real name is NOT Gandalph. Shock/horror! I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not, I'm just being cautious and choosing not to broadcast my identity over the web. I really don't give a rats who Dazza, Deb, or Skeptic etc, etc, might be. In this forum and in this context that is "who or what" they are. Who cares?

As a cautionary tale though I would remind people that there are some pretty heavy penalties for discriminating against a person because of their gender (real or as identified). Putting someone down or denigrating their posts because of his/her identified gender could be a risky game.

just sayin......

What is your name Dazza? Why do you and others feel it is ok to write people's names? Does anyone ask Turbo his name or perhaps FlyingTornado?

I have never used your full name and I never will. That wouldn't be fair.

Isn't that the same thing Bill?Dazza implies Darren, David or similar, or it's an abbreviation of a surname, or a nickname. If that's not his name, so be it, it's not his name. But does that mean he should attempt to out others? Is it a thrill to find out and let everyone know that FT's name is actually Michael Smth from Tumut? (Example only)

I would have around a dozen or so members from here (including a mod) who are friends with me on Facebook and I use my real name.

• Agree 1

This has gone a bit off topic (unusual!) but I would suggest that anyone, and that seems to be almost everyone, who uses a pseudonym here is appearing or identifying here as someone they are not. Does it really matter? As an example, my real name is NOT Gandalph. Shock/horror! I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not, I'm just being cautious and choosing not to broadcast my identity over the web. I really don't give a rats who Dazza, Deb, or Skeptic etc, etc, might be. In this forum and in this context that is "who or what" they are. Who cares?As a cautionary tale though I would remind people that there are some pretty heavy penalties for discriminating against a person because of their gender (real or as identified). Putting someone down or denigrating their posts because of his/her identified gender could be a risky game.

just sayin......

Yup actually I think new laws are just about passed or are being passed by the feds very shortly in regards to individuals abusing others on social media. It was on TV this morning.

My alias came about as part of a psychology article I'm writing on internet usage, aliases, anonymity and the power of the internet; basically trolling and the like. It is kind of an anagram of a sample character used in some texts and to the best of my knowledge does not belong to anyone in Australia. I've also written up a piece which I'm hoping to release in the new year. I now need more time to include conspiracy theorists after today's efforts :-)You'd be surprised how a man's behaviors change when a woman is involved - you might think for the better, but often for the worse. The timeliness of a post from admin recently regarding the sites alpha-males was also enlightening. Deb's spelling copped one hell of a hiding, presumably due to her lack of education, but is it ok to treat her any differently because of it? Did anyone see the news article this week where the woman showed posts to mothers of boys whom threatened to do bad things to her (I won't publish that here)? A mothers influence also plays part of the discussion including would you say to your mother something you would say on the Internet?

But, you don't know when people found out and that Deb wasn't a Deb at all and it was in the very early stages. Sure not everybody knew, but a fair few did.

My alias came about as part of a psychology article I'm writing on internet usage, aliases, anonymity and the power of the internet; basically trolling and the like. It is kind of an anagram of a sample character used in some texts and to the best of my knowledge does not belong to anyone in Australia. I've also written up a piece which I'm hoping to release in the new year. I now need more time to include conspiracy theorists after today's efforts :-)You'd be surprised how a man's behaviors change when a woman is involved - you might think for the better, but often for the worse. The timeliness of a post from admin recently regarding the sites alpha-males was also enlightening. Deb's spelling copped one hell of a hiding, presumably due to her lack of education, but is it ok to treat her any differently because of it? Did anyone see the news article this week where the woman showed posts to mothers of boys whom threatened to do bad things to her (I won't publish that here)? A mothers influence also plays part of the discussion including would you say to your mother something you would say on the Internet?

I joined this forum to expand my knowledge of aviation and share my enthusiasm for the activity. I accept that forums attract trolls, but what I really object to is people treating me and other like minded participants as some sort of social experiment. Very bad and deceptive practice in my opinion. In my many years working at an Australian university, such a practice would never meet approval by modern ethical standards committees for legitimate research.

Viewers of my posts would observe nothing but respectful and gender neutral attention to the content of discussion & debate. To that end, I have nothing to "defend", but without informed consent to such "research" certainly other participants on this forum deserve an apology for such deception.

• Agree 3