Just Aircraft spoilers kit for Super STOL

Those are not "spoilers". Spoilers are lift dumpers. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoiler_(aeronautics) 

They are leading edge "slats" and, as you say, are retractable. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading-edge_slats

See them in action: h

I think he is referring to the three green spoilers further back on the wing. Our local boy Brett will have his Superstol at Avalon next month wish I could make it down there, but his didn't have those spoilers I'm fairly sure.

• Agree 2

Patented in Germany and the UK pre WW2 by Gus Lachmann. Known in the UK as the Handley Page slat. For early uses Check out the Bavarian Flugzeug Werke BF 108 then the BfF109. They work by air pressure alone without intervention by the pilot.

Cheers

JM

The 3 spoilers are new, they are activated with the ailerons. tricky bit of technology

Yep people are getting two separate things confused. The leading edge slats deploy automatically and have always been part of the super STOL kit. The super STOL is basically a highlander with a few additions that make it worthy of its name. The slats and gear are the biggest differences. The gear can arrest a decent of about 800fpm without damage.

The spoilers are a new option as ft pointed out. There is a thread on the just aircraft wings forum with more info I believe.

Anyone who hasn't heard of a just aircraft super STOL, head over to YouTube and be prepared to waste an hour or so. Seriously fun plane!

• Agree 2

The spoilers are a new option to enhance roll performance and stability at slow airspeed the stol wing has leading edge slats fowler flaps and now the option of spoiler they are connected directly to ailerons

• Like 1
  • Winner 1