It really does depend upon where you live. . .

Phil Perry

. . Very graphic I thought, but they'll never beat the NRA !

Too right they'll never beat the NRA. When 20 primary school kids were murdered in Sandy Hook, what was the NRA's answer? There needs to be MORE guns. They should have armed guards in the primary schools! And instead of Wayne LaPierre being locked in an asylum, the NRA copped a bit of abuse and...that's all! THAT's what lobbying and campaign donations achieves.

Don't kid yourselves that it couldn't happen here, especially with the current far right wing mob in power.

• Agree 2

Too right they'll never beat the NRA. THAT's what lobbying and campaign donations achieves. Don't kid yourselves that it couldn't happen here, especially with the current far right wing mob in power.

Fortunately, we Australians don't have that gun-toting culture of the Yanks. I don't think that the Shooters Party will ever gather the backing to get act in the way that the NRA does. We might be a weird mob, but we ain't crazy!

OME

• Like 1

Fortunately, we Australians don't have that gun-toting culture of the Yanks. I don't think that the Shooters Party will ever gather the backing to get act in the way that the NRA does. We might be a weird mob, but we ain't crazy!OME

No, we're far too much like sheep and apathetic to go that far.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2
  • Winner 1

Well, I'd rather my kids grow up in a country of sheep than surrounded by rabid dogs. In fact, grow up is the point - there's many kids in the USA (including the students at Sandy Hook and Columbine, but also just in dangerous suburbs) whose lives have been stopped by bullets.

• Agree 1

I don't think that the Shooters Party ........ but we ain't crazy!

Devote a Political Party based on shooting - yeah, seems reasonable .....

No, we're far too much like sheep and apathetic to go that far.

I couldn't be bothered replying to that.

Our police may do a reasonable job of finding out who murdered you or took your stuff, but you'll probably never see your stuff again, and you will not come back to life.

Nailed it there, the issue is not letting the crap happen in the first place.

• Agree 2

Tamworth last year and the year before had a spate (spelling?) of gun thefts,

Mo sweat Mate,.. . .SPATE is good,. . . you Could have used "Abundance" or if you wanted to appear REALLY eddificationalized,. . ."Surfeit" "Spate" is usually employed by the media to describe a Quantity of events, with a negative or derogatory slant. . . . Spelling was A1., I'm proud of you . . .and so will Dazza be ( ! ) my additional comments refer to thesaurusness. . . .!

Fil.

• Informative 1

One worthy poster mentioned a "larger calibre" for pigs ( razorbacks). . . . .I had an interesting experience with one of those animals near Wheelbar Bridge once apon a time, when a great big piggy came charging after my mate, who had just hit the thing with his .303 rifle, but it didn't seem to flinch.

He departed up the nearest tree, and thing came straight for me. . .I shot it in the head with my 3030 Winchester ( John Wayne special ! ) and it went down, but then it then got up again, and continued in my direction, whereupon I also opted for a tree. These things are really hard to kill it would appear. . . . I can only imagine that the projectile struck his skull at a shallow angle, and didn''t actually penetrate. . . . Geez,. . .what calibre would I have needed to have put the thing down with one shot I wonder ? ? ? this chappie was approximately 350 -400 pounds, this would have been somewhat like being hit by a medium sized motorbike, but with teeth and a bad attitude. . . . this was my first, and last hunting trip BTW. . . .

• Like 1

If it was your first hunting trip, you did well to hit a charging pig!

Flippin 'Eck Marty,. . . it was just a really lucky one,. . .( not that it did any good ! ) I'd watched my mate Billy take aim at the pig whilst it was minding it's own business snuffling around on the deck for whatever it is that pigs snuffle for,. . . . I had the rifle cocked already, . . .as I'd been warned that these things can suddenly appear out of the scrub and you've got to be quick ! ! . . . I was only given very basic info prior to the hunting trip, and didn't realy know what to expect,. . .the idea was to bag one and take it home and have a hog roast,. . . we ended up with pub food instead. . .

Surely the majority of people in Australia should be Australians, not Europeans. Being an ex Pom I am definitely not aa European. We are just about to celebrate 100 years since fighting Europes finest.

• Agree 1

If it was your first hunting trip, you did well to hit a charging pig!

Second reply to your remark Marty,. . . I have to add that I am no stranger to firearms, ie I was in an Air Training Corps team for .303 competitions in 1964 and came fifth overall, out of 67 entrants from ATC squadrons UK wide, and got my cross rifles badge for Mum to sew onto my BD in the 300 yard range comps,. . . But this was a very relaxed excercise, in that we were in the prone firing position,. . .and the 1.5 metre square targets we shot at didn't usually run toward you and then rip out your ballsac and eat you . . . If I'd had my beautifully set up Ruger 6mm rifle back then, I could have done a whole lot better with the improved accuracy and much higher muzzle velocity available ( imho )

I've got some targets from a handgun comp. in 1985, 25 metre indoor range, .357 rapid fire, meaning that you had to squeeze off six shots in six seconds, the weapon to be held in one hand, not in both like the yanks seem to do. . . I could scan and post these, but I won't because 1) It would make me look like a tosser. . . [ and that is already debateable. .] 2 ) It couldn't be proven, and therefore meaningless. . . .ie no range official signature on the cardboard ( ! ) and 3) . . . .shooting at a piece of card at any range, is completely different to a seriously rapid, . .no time to aim properly or think. . . adrenaline powered. . . quickshot at a wild animal out in the boondocks.

Just putting it all into perspective. PS I used .357 and .44 factory ammo,. . .! too uncomfortable and absolutely pointless for indoor ranges, . . .who needs 1440 Ft/lb of energy just killing a bit of defenceless cardboard ? not only this, but the large recoil of the .44 meant that it was really difficult to return to a bead on the target, and made rapid shooting very difficult. . . so I used to refill my own cartridges with a lighter target load. Sold all the paraphernalia now, but there's a new rifle club operating not far from here, so I may well go and join that and see how much I've forgotted. . . . .

Phil

• Informative 1

Surely the majority of people in Australia should be Australians, not Europeans.

Yenn, I appreciate your thinking behind this comment, but by using "Europeans" I was making a distinction between those whose cultural origins are northwest of the Alps and the rest of the wogs, dogs and other undesirables.

OME

Yenn, I appreciate your thinking behind this comment, but by using "Europeans" I was making a distinction between those whose cultural origins are northwest of the Alps and the rest of the wogs, dogs and other undesirables.OME

Don't beat about the bush OME,. . . say what you think bro. . . . .! ( Love it. . .) Phil.

Yenn, I appreciate your thinking behind this comment, but by using "Europeans" I was making a distinction between those whose cultural origins are northwest of the Alps and the rest of the wogs, dogs and other undesirables.OME

Don't beat about the bush OME,. . . say what you think bro. . . . .! ( Love it. . .)

Crickey, Phil! I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek!OME

YEP. . .I gathered that Mate . . . my T.I.C. respond key obviously wasn't pressed firmly down. . . .!