Asiana Airlines OZ162

De javu, landing short again

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/asiana-airlines-plane-skids-off-runway-at-hiroshima-japan/story-fnizu68q-1227304793976

MORE than 20 passengers were injured when an Asiana Airlines Airbus A320 overran a runway in western Japan after its tail struck the ground.

The South Korean carrier’s Flight OZ162, which took off at Incheon airport in northwestern South Korea, was attempting to land in Hiroshima when the incident occurred on Tuesday evening, officials said.

Crash landing ... The Asiana Airlines plane sits at Hiroshima airport in Mihara after it skidded off a runway. Pic: Muneyuki Tomari/Kyodo News Source: AP

Certainly helps reinforce Asiana as a trustworthy airline.................. Not.

Wonder if anyone tried the same name gag again, I can't work out how to make ground a first name but maybe 'Loo Ping' fits at the end?

• Haha 1

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/27136238/asiana-plane-hits-antenna-in-japan-runway-undershoot/

Hmmmm..... less than 6m high at 300m from threshold......... that's low!!

Aerial footage from Hiroshima airport in western Japan showed the localiser -- a large gate-like structure, six metres (20 feet) high that sits around 300 metres from the start of the runway -- splintered, with debris spread towards the landing strip.

What appeared to be a chunk of the localiser was seen dangling from one wing and emergency escape chutes were deployed.

Wouldn't it be reasonable to request a non-Korean pilot in the cabin on all flights until they get their apparent training or cockpit culture deficit sorted out?

I'm not fussed on who I fly but I will consciously avoid them in the future. In fact I have no statistical reason to avoid any of the airlines but think I might stick solely to QANTAS for a bit, the last year has been a bit iffy.

• Agree 1

Wonder if anyone tried the same name gag again, I can't work out how to make ground a first name but maybe 'Loo Ping' fits at the end?

I believe the Captain and First officer names are "Not To Hi" and "Me Lyk Lo"......

• Haha 4

I believe the Captain and First officer names are "Not To Hi" and "Me Lyk Lo"......

Funny - but just to give a more authentic Asian feel ..

Yu Tu Hai and Mi Laik Lo

"I heard a loud noise" said Sum Ding Bang.

"We got out as quickly as possible" said Tu Run Fa.

Guest ozzie

Wonder how the 20 were injured. During the Tokyo Drift or vacating the aircraft? Those slides seem awfully dangerous

Two undershoots in recent times. A different approach needed? Can't be cutting the fuel that fine. (ft... it's Deja vu. (fr.) Nev

Nev you are a comedy genius........ "A different approach needed" he says poker faced rofl:roflmao:Maybe an approach that was a little higher!

Next time you will have to yell out Nev, we are always more than happy to meet new people:thumb up: We even have our own bike nut here (Old K, ok maybe I didn't need to write bike:wink:) and I'm always happy for an excuse to stop work and talk about flying or better still go for a fly:thumb up:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1