Bulldog autogyro at Aero2015

fly_tornado

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news of this aircraft in the past year, or has it quietly sunk without a trace?

To be honest Marty, I had not been following it's progress since last year, there was supposed to be a press release, then nothing. All gorn quiet. Maybe not enough interest from prospective buyers ? I dunno, It was a bit on the rich man's toys end of the scale. . .

• Like 1

Maybe not enough interest from prospective buyers ? I dunno, It was a bit on the rich man's toys end of the scale. . .

I honestly think there's a lack of cashflow in most countries at the moment, a larger global recession than many Governments would like you to know.

I honestly think there's a lack of cashflow in most countries at the moment, a larger global recession than many Governments would like you to know.

Absolutely. Many govt's fudging the books to be just above the threshold of recession........

The most recent post in the News page of their website is dated 13 July 2015, and begins...

BJJR continues to develop the Bulldog with positive results on structural stress performance and flight performance.

The most recent post in the News page of their website is dated 13 July 2015, and begins...BJJR continues to develop the Bulldog with positive results on structural stress performance and flight performance.

It was last seen outside a hangar, and ( allegedly ) flying at TATENHILL AIRFIELD ( EGBM ) in late July 2015. I have no 'trusted' contacts who can confirm this as a fact. The airfield management ( Tatenhill Aviation Ltd. ) refuse to discuss anything about the subject. If you'd like to ask them, the number is +44 1283 575283.

My long time flying buddy Mike O'Grady is a Club member there, ( East Staffordshire Aero Club ) and an Air/Ground radio weekend volunteer; He can't get any info either, all casual enquiries are blanked.

Tell them you are interested in buying a couple of them Phil and see if you get a better response! No need to pussyfoot around and let truths slow the information highway:whistling:

A genuinely interested 'seriously wealthy' individual ( owns four fixed wing, and one Gyro already ) tried that last September. . . he is still awaiting a response. . . .he commented a month or so back, that the company are a "bunch of timewasting, unprofessional wankers" he also said "####### ### ####### " but I can't write that on here

• Informative 1

You've never flown an aspirational Phil? I'm amazed. A man of your experience!

REPLYING A LITTLE ON THE LATE SIDE MARTY ( ! )

I flew an aspirational lad in 2006, young Spanish kid named Jose . . .he aspired to be an airline pilot but had not got any flight experience at all. I heard recently that he's flying turboprops in Brazil apparently, so living his dream. . . But of course mon ami, that is not what you meant I realise. . . .

I have some Gyro time, but never did the full 40 hours UK 'G' ticket. . . was obviously unaspirationalistic. . . I prefer ze vinged beasties. . . never been terribly comfy sitting under rotors. . . .just a preference thing.

• 1 year later...
What ever happened to this British wonder, I wonder?

It does rather seem to have disappeared down the 'Memory Hole' doesn't it ?. . . .I've been to Tatenhill loads of times since this first appeared, nobody knows 'Nuffin' about it. The hangar that it resided in now contains a Robinson R44 and a derigged Thruster TST. Perhaps they couldn't pull in enough deposits to proceed beyond the Prototype. . ? ? I've asked about it on Gyro sites and got nowhere.

Answering a question no one asked is the problem.

I would have been impressed had it ever flown, maybe it has but i can't find anything towards that being a fact.

In the meantime, I am still impressed by the similarly named Pitbull ...