Bulldog autogyro at Aero2015

fly_tornado

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Ceaser's ghost! Keep up the good work, Jimmy and one day you'll be an Ace Reporter like Clark!OME

Hi there OME. . . Caesar's ghost checking in. . . .

Had a chat with AutogyroGlenn, and his scuttlebut is that the flight test programme is to be carried out "Some time in July 2015" at Tatenhill Airfield, ( EGBM ) near Burton upon Trent Staffordshire, but he doesn't know when. This sounds logical, as it is a fairly quiet environment, fully licensed, which means there is a full time aerodrome fire service operating during opening hours, and it is only a 15 minute drive from where they built it. ( Assuming there is just ONE proof of concept prototype. . .)and it has 800 metres licensed hard, with a total of 1200 metres hard useable for hop skip jump testing. . .

I've asked the owner / MD at Tatenhill Aviation on that site, And he said he didn't know what I was talking about . . .nudge nudge, wink wink. . .etc.

It looks as though they are keeping the story under tighter wraps than the script for the new Harry Potter movie mate, I cannot penetrate the bullcrap I'm afraid. . .not at the moment anyway.

I DO have an ace up my sleeve though, my friend Mike O'Grady is a part - time Air/Ground radio op at that site, works there most Saturdays and Sundays, so I've left him a message to see if he can poke around "innocently" and see if he can find out what / when they are doing something. I gather, from all this subterfuge, that If they have not flown the thing already, they will prefer to test it without anyone looking too closely. . . . which, I suppose is understandable in most respects.

Kind regards,

Oops,. . .gotta go, Daily Planet calling. . .now where's the nearest bloody phone box. . . . .

Clark.

• Like 1

The fuel consumption rates quoted are ridiculously LOW. Nev

Rotec 9 Cyl. Radial,. . . .yes, I think that the fuel burn figures require a "Rather Optimistic" quote symbol too . . . .

looks expensve notice the carbon fibre windscreen frame and leather paneling11051981_958558157497828_1396196052563899502_o.jpg

Interesting panel. . . .though I wonder where they hide SWITCHES" ? or perhaps it has thought operated systems. . . .can't see a switch anywhere on that panel. . . Surely it must need at least three, ? Magnetos, and summat to start / stop the Pre-rotate system ? Maybe there's a switch panel craftily concealed under a leather armrest. . . .

Keep on it, young Jimmy. We'll hold the presses!WHITE, Perry

**UPDATE**

I found a phone box,. . .but it's bin yearz since I wore the blue spandex, and I now need one made at size 4XL. . . . .( that's gonna compromise the R.O.C )

What would Supes do since the invention of mobile phones, good luck finding a phone booth these days!

We're a bit behind the times in the UK Marty,. . . still plenty of them around, although a lot of them are the type mounted on a pole with a bit of perspex to duck under, hopefully to reduce some of the traffic noise. No good using them in heavy rain though, yer legs get soaked, Not only this, the call girls and rent boys can't leave their business cards in them either, as they get wet and soggy too ( ***** SO I AM TOLD*****. . .)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

LOOK! Up in the Sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a Bulldog?

Quick Jimmy! Into the Spansex and bring back the latest news. It's August and the bird should be on the wing!

OME

It have not got wings OME, it have some sort of strange spinney thing.

If it's not a bird, then it's a plane. If it's a plane, it's a Cessna, and likely to plummet to the ground at any moment, with the heroic pilot fighting to steer it away from the orphanage where Little Orphan Annie and her friends live. Great Ceasear's Ghost, Marty! We're running a newspaper here. There's no time to check facts before the presses roll!

OME

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

bulldogautogyro.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/brochure...

This brochure lists their new "Airfield Office" as being located at Tatenhill Staffordshire ( EGBM ) as my spies indicated some time ago. . . . Althought they still denied this at the beginning of last week. . . . curious. Still don't know if they have flown it yet, there is a rumour regarding a "rotor blade issue" going around the Gyro sites, but they didn't want to talk about it. The airfield telephone number is +44 1283 575 283 ( Tatenhill Aviation Limited ) Best of luck. . . . ( Don't mention me, or they'll hang up ! )

Mike "O",. . .My radio op / + potential on-site informant, is away sailing around the Greek Islands for another fortnight. . . . ( must be nice to have lots of money. . .)

[quote="Phil Perry, post: 507603,

potential on-site informant, is away sailing around the Greek Islands for another fortnight. . . . ( must be nice to have lots of money. . .)

If you didn't have a love for of airybuzzer's, you might have too, Phil.

No that's bollox I'm afraid Planey,. . . .Mick "O" just had a better pension than me and with a different provider,. . .ie, His pension provider didn't go bust losing 1.8 million people more than 40 grand sterling paid in for over thirty years each. . . . . . .

But it was OK in the end,. . .all of the 24 directors of the Equitable Life Trust Pension fund were sacked with only a measly £450,000 golden parachute each for their F*****g disgusting mis-management of my pension fund. . . . . . .in the United States, they would have been jailed, and had their assets confiscated. . . . . da di dah. . . .isn't life wonderful,. . .this is why I don't fly now as much as I should have been able to mate, and I have no come back on anybody,. . .thanks to our stupid useless wank government.

I really don't want to talk about this any more, or I'll probably headbutt the screen.. . . .ie, You only have ONE life to save a good private pension, . .and when some arsehole company takes it away from you with no comeback. . . .well. . .what would YOU say ? ? ? ?

this is why I don't fly now as much as I should have been able to mate

Unless you're in the Mile High club, I don't see the relev... Oh, wait a bit, there's an implied comma! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Not trying to detract from the superannuation fiasco. We have CEO's over here too that do a worse job managing corporations than a check-out chick at Woolies would, but somehow ride off into the sunset with massive bonuses. I think when the turd rises to a certain level, they can be assured of receiving obscene amounts of money whether their management is brilliant, mediocre, or by any reasonable standard, criminal.

• Agree 1

Phil you can't send people in the UK to jail for financial mismanagement, they are too well connected, old school tie binds everyone together.

Really ? ? ? ? well,. . .who'd have thought. . . . . it's been suggested that membership of the same kiddie fiddlers club helps too. . . .

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Phil,What's happened with the Bulldog over the past three weeks of English summer?

OME

Really don't know, not being a "natural" fan of things whirlygig, I admit that since the last dig I have not looked into it since, sorry. . . . I'll have to have another burrow in the mud.

A friend who has a 2 seat Gyrodoodah himself has promised he'll let me know as he's really interested in the project.

My friend Mike, who is a regular a/g radio op volunteer at Tatenhill says he has not seen the thing outside the hangar for a long time, but he's only there on alternate weekends.

• :rotary: