Back online

Admin

Hi everyone

Since the move to Canberra for work, moving from one apartment to another and finally settling in to a more permanent apartment, I have finally got the internet connected. With skyping the family I was using up all my internet allowance on my phone and tablet very quickly and had to use multiple sim cards costing me a fortune so had to keep the online presence to an absolute minimum.

This means I have neglected a lot of things but now with NBN fibre connection and 100gig of use I can start to catch up on everything. The point of this post is to apologise for this inconvenience of being out of contact but all is now good to go after I catch up which will take a couple of days including catching up on shop orders and hundreds of emails.

The times I have dropped in to the site to quickly check things everything seems to have continued on which is great to see so thanks to everyone for that.

Glad to be back

• Like 2

Welcome back Ian.

Glad to hear that you are now settled. I lived in Canberra for 6 years and actually really enjoyed being there. There are definitely some good things about the city and its surrounding countryside.

Cheers,

Dave

Whatever it is , It didn't have to be. It's there because of rivalry between Sydney and Melbourne. Think how much money could have been saved. It gets freezing and gets real hot. It's a bit of an out of the way place to get to. You might have 5th generation public servants living near you. Some of the buildings are "nice" but didn't just appear out of the blue. It's expensive... Does it have a "soul"? I dunno.. Nev

• Agree 1

Great to hear from you Ian.

I lived in Canberra for 2 years (my first Daughter was born there) and loved it because I got in with the locals. I only left because of the cold wind was giving my ears absolute hell and is that very reason why I ended up in Brisbane seeking warmer climates.

The receding view of the city in the rear view mirror?

Birdseye,

That accounts for every city in my books not just the succession of roundabouts they call Canberra.

• Agree 2

Cities are dead as far as flora and fauna almost. Some of what is there culturally. (Festivals marches Jazz Opera Musical orchestra art exhibitions fine buildings good restaurants inspired landscape and architecture but it should use nature not try to control it),can be really good.. I guess you can see some of the best and some of the worst. Nev

I was born in Canberra and then left.

They blew up the hospital I was born in, and the house I lived in burnt down in the 2003 bushfires.

All memories have been erased.

Ian,

The site has managed to cruise along without you for a short time with no ill affects to my knowledge. This is a testament to your expertise and management. Maybe Rec Flying is developing a mind of its own.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi All

Just a note to everyone that I am now back in Melbourne and looking for my next job now that my work in Canberra is finished. So in many ways this is both a good thing and bad thing, good in that I can now spend more time on furthering this great resource for everyone and bad thing in that now I have no income again.

Anyway, I am back being available 24hrs for any help and support I can give

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1