Powered parachute fatality Qld

Several news outlets are describing it as a Gyrocopter (Seven, Yahoo, Ten etc), so I suppose they copied each other. I have not found the police media statement yet. They usually just copy that. Here's the picture from Yahoo https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/28283794/man-dies-in-gyrocopter-crash-in-qld/

Attached Files:

FlyingVizsla, 9 minutes agoReport

Flying Vizsla post on parallel thread

Certainly looks like a 912uls powered Gyro (PPC's do not have Elevators or Rudder)

Guest GraemeM
Pretty sure there was a paramotor fatal at Gatton or Helidon not too long ago.

The difference being PPG verses PPC. Two different controlling bodies and machines.

Guest GraemeM

ASRA has been assured that it was not a gyro but don't know where the photo of crashed gyro came from???

Some thing out of their archives no doubt to fit with the story.

Graeme.

Winsor the Aerochute claim is for the 32 rego Aerochute. With the increasing stable of PPC's with Elliptical Chutes some of which can stall, that claim can no longer extend through the entire Group D catagory.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

The picture of the Gyro wasn't taken at Theodore. It was in fact a PPC and he was a friend. looks like it may have been a medical issue.

• Like 1
  • Informative 5

Guest GraemeM
The picture of the Gyro wasn't taken at Theodore. It was in fact a PPC and he was a friend. looks like it may have been a medical issue.

So very sorry.

It does not matter whether PPC, PPG, Gyro or fixed wing, some one has lost a family member or friend.

Each time there is an accident I tend to question my activities and try to take less risks in what I do.

Graeme.

My best mate Shaun Edwards was killed in a ppc Saturday morning 10km south of Theodore at a property .We are not sure of what happened as yet as we have to wait for the inquest .I have flown with Shaun many times and he was very careful and did not take risks .He was flying a machine called a fast away with a 500 sq chute we flew together last week end after attending the old station flyin had a great weekend and was topped off by a great morning fly. I heard the news while I was at Watts bridge flyin and I had to get my thoughts together to fly home was the hardest fly of my life .Shaun was a big man and with a equally big heart would do anything for anybody his close family is a mess but they know the flying community is like a big family and will rally behind arch his dad ,pearl his mum ,shyanne his brother , and the extended family's

• Informative 5

Guys I know you are all questioning the sort of flying we all do me included but I can tell you this Shaun would not want us to question what we love doing its our passion he would want us to keep on going this thought got me home Saturday it may not even been mechanical but who knows .

• Like 1

My deepest sympathy to all those associated with the accident, especially all the family members.

Guys I know you are all questioning the sort of flying we all do me included but I can tell you this Shaun would not want us to question what we love doing .

I went up once yesterday and three times today, the last flight with my eldest granddaughter, Alison, in the back seat.

My best mate Shaun Edwards was killed in a ppc Saturday morning, I heard the news while I was at Watts bridge flyin and I had to get my thoughts together, to fly home was the hardest fly of my life .

I`m so sorry and I sincerely wish you all the best.

Those of us who have been flying Ultralight aircraft, since the early days of the AUF, have had to come to terms with many fatal accidents. Everyone deals with the situation, in their own way

I choose not to allow any of the accidents, to influence my confidence, ability or decision making!... I try to learn what I can from them and apply it if needed....Once I allow someone else's accident to affect my confidence, it will be time for me to stop flying.

Frank.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2