Hi, Just started my pilot training

Hi there, I just started my pilot training to get my RA certificate. I'm training in a Tecnam P92 Eaglet... so far I have 3.6 hours logged.... The fun and enthusiasm meter is off the scale! Cheers, Tony

• Like 2

Hi there, I just started my pilot training to get my RA certificate. I'm training in a Tecnam P92 Eaglet... so far I have 3.6 hours logged.... The fun and enthusiasm meter is off the scale! Cheers, Tony

Welcome!

Welcome to the group. Is there anything about your name we should be wary of.? We have a nobody here. Who said that?? Nobody . Can you see the problem? Nev

Hehehehe Nev, Nightmare was the nickname given to me at work... long story short, it's derived from my surname, so nothing to be wary of in my opinion, I could've done a whole lot worse in that department :) I did the take off on my last lesson, it was a bit rough, but we got airborne ok. My instructor said it was as good as can be expected for a 1st take off, and stated that from now on, I'm doing all every one of them from now on ... COOL!!! Can't wait for my next lesson.... thanks everyone for all your warm welcomes

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm powering into the flight training now. I've just racked up my 20th hour . I've changed FT schools. Completed the Radio, Pre-Solo and Air Legislation exams. My instructor said to me today that I am getting close to going solo.... the ride must not be so bumpy for him these days 066_naughty.gif.fdb194956812c007d0f5d54e3c692757.gif

• Like 1

Hi Nightmare, glad to hear the training is progressing well. With first solo approaching it is exciting times.

I just went 'solo' in the CTMC on the weekend, so got signed-off on the aircraft with adjustable prop endorsement. Was exciting to fly solo in a new aircraft, but nowhere near the buzz of the "first" solo!

Cheers,

2tonne

• Like 1

Hi Nightmare, glad to hear the training is progressing well. With first solo approaching it is exciting times.I just went 'solo' in the CTMC on the weekend, so got signed-off on the aircraft with adjustable prop endorsement. Was exciting to fly solo in a new aircraft, but nowhere near the buzz of the "first" solo!

Cheers,

2tonne

Is that the CTMC through Fly Now at Redcliffe?

I started my training in May this year, in 7600.... Wayne and Mahl are good operators.

I agree. I moved to Brisbane in January and continued my training with Mahl and Wayne. I have really enjoyed flying with them and completed my certificate in September. Next step will be pax and then Nav endorsements in either the Tecnam or CTMC.

Unfortunately, I decided to change flying schools in September to one closer to my home. The distance was the only factor in my decision. The aircraft and the instructors are awesome at Fly Now. Mind you I have absolutely no complaints with my new flight School, Coominya Flight Training. Learning in a new plane, at a new airfield and instructor is challenging, but very rewarding.

I understand your reason for changing schools. When I was in Melbourne I was training at Lilydale. While the school and my instructor were great, it was almost an hour travel each way to get there. So, I tried a couple of GA lessons at Essendon which was closer. Decided that was too expensive (and didn't really click with the instructor) and kept travelling to Lilydale.

I found it beneficial to train in different aircraft with different instructors, although it almost certainly cost me a few more hours to get the certificate. Each instructor has a different background and teaching style and get you get a broader range of views and practical experience compared to just having the one instructor. I have been lucky as my instructor at Lilydale (Bob) and Mahl and Wayne at Fly-Now are all excellent instructors and it has been a pleasure learning to fly with them.

I hear what you mean about costing a few more hours to get that certificate, I am now at 20 hours and John, my instructor, has only just started talking to me about solo. I think that had I stayed at Redcliffe I would have soloed at around 15 hours. I left Fly Now after 11 hours. It was like going back to square one learning that different plane. I had just short of 2 hours travel to get to Redcliffe for each lesson so you can understand why I changed. I am glad I trained at Redcliffe, it gave me good experience with traffic, there is none or very little at Coominya.