Watts Bridge 29/30 August

rdarby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the poster about the event looks good, the Foxbat is ready, but the weather is looking iffy. Today is sunny with high clouds but not so sure about Saturday. I hope the rain is delayed and we make it. If you see a white Foxbat come say hello!

Turned out really well. A multitude of aircraft and cars and military vehicles.

Gary Clark the comic behind Ding Duck is there. I bought the full set and he drew a picture for me.

Clouds were high all morning so we left at lunchtime with no issues.

Anybody know why the spitfire replica ended up on its belly, didn't look happy somewhat bent and a gear leg detached.

Was the first story on the news tonight, as the accident was caught on video.

I was admiring her taxi out as I was heading for my plane to leave by the time that I had started up and started to taxi, it was blocking the taxiway and I was diverted around it. Suffice to say that the pilot got out uninjured which is the main thing.

Never nice to see an aircraft get damaged, but at least it appears to have been the best outcome of a bad situation.

We 're looking to take a fly out there tomorrow. Anyone have any idea what we can expect as a turnout tomorrow if the weather plays nice?

Flew up to Watts bridge today & the weather was beautiful after some rain yesterday & last night. Arrived about 9:00am & was disappointed to find that there was no food available at all anywhere. Coffee & Icecream was it. There were not that many aircraft around & the crowd was small. I guess Saturday was the better day. We left at about 12:30 & came home to get lunch.

• Caution 1