Siberian Tiger

This is neat. It's a special paint job by a Russian airline to raise awareness of the desperate plight of the Siberian tiger. =^..^=

[ATTACH]37344[/ATTACH] Click to enlarge.

• Like 6

Last time I read about tigers,

There are more in captivity than in the wild. And most in captivity are in America. In rich peoples private zoos, like Mike Tyson.

And they are certainly not kept for conservation purposes- just living trophies.

Last time I read about tigers,

There are more in captivity than in the wild. And most in captivity are in America. In rich peoples private zoos, like Mike Tyson.

And they are certainly not kept for conservation purposes- just living trophies.

The biggest problem with most american tigers is they are hybrids. Worth nothing but their value as a rug.

There are two genotypes of tiger, Siberian, found in the north and east of Russia, and Benegal, found from Bruma to Pakistan with most in the northeast of India.

The wild populations are geneticly distinct, but most domestic tigers are a blend of the two, which makes them worthless as potential acclimatization and release subjects.

You may as well use them to make rugs and use the bones to make Tiger Wine to sell to the Chinese, none of the wildlife protection societies are going to release blended genes to mix and muddy the wild populations.

The biggest problem with most american tigers is they are hybrids. Worth nothing but their value as a rug.

There are two genotypes of tiger, Siberian, found in the north and east of Russia, and Benegal, found from Bruma to Pakistan with most in the northeast of India.

The wild populations are geneticly distinct, but most domestic tigers are a blend of the two, which makes them worthless as potential acclimatization and release subjects.

You may as well use them to make rugs and use the bones to make Tiger Wine to sell to the Chinese, none of the wildlife protection societies are going to release blended genes to mix and muddy the wild populations.

Luckily the Siberian Tiger has friends in high places. Saving the tiger from extinction is President Vladimir Putin's pet project. It would possibly be gone now without his efforts (and that of others) over the last few years.

Cheers, Willie.

Luckily the Siberian Tiger has friends in high places. Saving the tiger from extinction is President Vladimir Putin's pet project. It would possibly be gone now without his efforts (and that of others) over the last few years.

Cheers, Willie.

This is neat. It's a special paint job by a Russian airline to raise awareness of the desperate plight of the Siberian tiger. =^..^=[ATTACH]37344[/ATTACH] Click to enlarge.

You Swine Desky,. . . . . .I wanted to post that one . . . .004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif You mean to tell me that YOU have got the interwebbythingummy all the way down in Orstrayleeya as well ? ? ? ?

ah well,. . .I can delete the damn thing now. . . . .( slinks off in a huff. . . .)

Phil

This is neat. It's a special paint job by a Russian airline to raise awareness of the desperate plight of the Siberian tiger. =^..^=[ATTACH]37344[/ATTACH] Click to enlarge.

You Swine Desky,. . . . . .I wanted to post that one . . . .004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif You mean to tell me that YOU have got the interwebbythingummy all the way down in Orstrayleeya as well ? ? ? ?

ah well,. . .I can delete the damn thing now. . . . .( slinks off in a huff. . . .)

Phil

Russian airlines use 747's? What happened to keeping it all in the Motherland by using ageing Tupolevs and Antonovs??

Your comment made me look again in case it was a dodgy image. Parked well behind the 747 is what I believe to be an Antonov so maybe it's kosha after all.

BTW, Phil, yes we do have that' interwebbythingummy' down under. Only trouble is that we have to invert everything to make sense of it. 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Russian airlines use 747's? What happened to keeping it all in the Motherland by using ageing Tupolevs and Antonovs??

Your comment made me look again in case it was a dodgy image. Parked well behind the 747 is what I believe to be an Antonov so maybe it's kosha after all.

BTW, Phil, yes we do have that' interwebbythingummy' down under. Only trouble is that we have to invert everything to make sense of it. 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif