Anyone recognise this interesting plane?

looks like airborne research (adelaide uni) yppf diamond

Looks like I was right about Dimona HK36 and you were right about Airbourne Research. adding the two terms got this:

http://www.airborneresearch.com.au/pdf/TriAnnualReport.pdf

Page 113, section 5 "Major Assets" 2 DA HK36TTC-ECO Dimona VH-EOS & VH-OBS

• Informative 1
  • Winner 1

I'm lucky to be under the flight path for planes crossing the Liverpool Range between Narrabri-Moree and Scone. I often see interesting aircraft when outside digging, but I'd have to drop the pick, rush inside to find the SLR.

Of more interest is local aircraft; blokes from our Aero Club or BAE CT4s doing aeros.

Digging! not looking for buried Spitfires or trains are you? 097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif

Yeah, right. A Nazi treasure-train could have gone missing in rural Australia... (One thing I can't understand. How can a WWII railway be built into a Polish mountainside and then forgotten/lost?)

But maybe you're onto something, DP: there are persistent reports of Spitfires being buried in mine shafts near Oakey RAAF base.

I think the ability to lose a Nazi train in a mountain hideaway is quite plausible.

The Nazi's had a habit of using slave labour and then killing all involved to keep it a secret.

Sad but true.

But if you find a spitfire, I will bring a shovel and help out.

I think the ability to lose a Nazi train in a mountain hideaway is quite plausible.The Nazi's had a habit of using slave labour and then killing all involved to keep it a secret.

Sad but true...

Yes but how could a railway or its embankment just disappear?

I expect they just pulled up the track that was a siding spur or removed the connection to the spur and bulldozed over the rest.

Who knows but hey did some amazing engineering in pretty quick time during the war.

but if you find it I will happily help carry the loot

Looks like I was right about Dimona HK36 and you were right about Airbourne Research. adding the two terms got this:

http://www.airborneresearch.com.au/pdf/TriAnnualReport.pdf

Page 113, section 5 "Major Assets" 2 DA HK36TTC-ECO Dimona VH-EOS & VH-OBS

Just watching a doco on SBS about Morning Glory, featuring awesome gliding flights and an ARA aircraft.

That is the hard question?I just don't know- can it be traced back?

A problematic situation

The first step is to give back as much as can be given back. You then (and only then) worry about that which is left over (perhaps lend it to a public institution pending the eventual arrival of a legal/legitimate claimant, with no sunsets)