landing fee's

campslive

About 5 years ago I did some flying in Paul Crowfoots jabiru at warnervale. I can hardly imagine that there would have been any improvements done to the runway or facilities since then and the car park or the access road for that matter. It was always felt that developers were after the land and all Wyong Council could ever see was $$$$. So sadly the users are financially pushed out and the money grubs win!!!!!

As hard as it is to believe, Wyong Council has just spent $1.2MM and reconstructed the Warnervale runway and extended it to 1195 metres. It has a brand new bitumen surface properly marked with the new displaced threshold.

Some of us more cynical members are still wondering what the real agenda is, but what cant be ignored is they wouldn't have spent this much money if they intended to close the airport. But what are they going to do with it?????

Check it out The Central Coast Aero Club facebook page.

When the Oakshot money arrived in port macquarie and Kempsey after his deal with Gilard, it had to be spent on the hospital and at the airport, but they insisted any money spent had to be on the airside of the fence and terminal, not on the terminal or carparks etc.

Perhaps they had some spare federal money from a grant or for some from a visiting polli?

There have been rumours the money is linked to the new multi $MM Chinese cultural centre development, but how could you possibly know with this mob at Wyong. Just like the scandal around the alleged new Bushels Ridge airport which was never viable due cost, yet touted by Wyong Shire Council as a replacement for WVA. There was a scandal around the amount of money spent by WSC on the acquisition of that land as well ... land owned by persons related to Council members and sold to Council at over value prices ... surprised ??? ... not at all.

better than my reply by a un named want to be councillor

I have to pay to play golf

well my small minded political friend ,

I personally gave up chasing small balls with small bats when I left high school but if that's all your capable of

I personally grew up years ago !

really makes you wonder with people like this making decisions which affect many people daily what hope do we have for our beloved aerodromes ?

• Like 1

As hard as it is to believe, Wyong Council has just spent $1.2MM and reconstructed the Warnervale runway and extended it to 1195 metres. It has a brand new bitumen surface properly marked with the new displaced threshold.Some of us more cynical members are still wondering what the real agenda is, but what cant be ignored is they wouldn't have spent this much money if they intended to close the airport. But what are they going to do with it?????

Check it out The Central Coast Aero Club facebook page.

While being based at Cessnock, I was offered a hangar spot at Warnervale not long ago which I rejected.

The hangar was nowhere near as good as the one I'm in. I did a tour of the airstrip and never realised the unsealed taxiway was gravel, which is just a recipe for multiple propeller repairs on my "low clearance" plane, and although I knew the runway was narrow, I never quite imagined it being that narrow!

If Wyong Council honestly cared about improving the airport, they'd seal the taxiway properly, and widen the runway properly while they lengthened it. Then you had the recent legal threats to boot all the club aircraft out, and various other politics. I can do without that crap.

Then the Council charges (which make Cessnock Council look generous, which they're not!). Honestly, I'd rather drive the extra 45 minutes.

I believe Wyong Council would love nothing more than to subdivide the airport and sell the land under industrial zoning. In the meantime they have nothing to lose by fleecing users for whatever they can get.

When the Oakshot money arrived in port macquarie and Kempsey after his deal with Gilard, it had to be spent on the hospital and at the airport, but they insisted any money spent had to be on the airside of the fence and terminal, not on the terminal or carparks etc.Perhaps they had some spare federal money from a grant or for some from a visiting polli?

Unlike the cycle lanes in Port Macquarie which were installed under parked cars.

Don't ever think that airport administrators are logical and wouldn't waste money.

Gladtone had taxiways to both ends of its single runway, the last section completed late 90's. One of my last jobs before retirment. Now thay have converted some of the taxiway to ar parking for the fly in fly out and island workers. There is no taxiway to either end and the problems have been raised as safety issues. They flattened the hump in the middle, widened the strip and forgot about access.

It cost the local ratepayers a lot of money and now we have to pay a landing fee to be able to go there to buy fuel. Consequently I buy my fuel from Old Station. they couldn't even supply aviation oil the other day when I drove in there.