Gawler this sat. 16 jan

flyerme

SHOW'N'SHINE fly in this Saturday at a Gawler SA. Arrive before 10 am if possible

FOR ALL FLYING MACHINES. Rotors craft, weight shift, gliders, 3-axis etc....

Any and all Unique Trophies up for grabs. Wide spread categories

EG " longest distance flown" - " most Unique Aircraft" - " best dressed crew" and many more ...

Bring a share plate of food for lunch ;).

Soft drink, tea and coffee can be purchased at the club house.

I will see you there :)

image.jpg.e3beb9d36036e54409ab9e833c8eacc0.jpg

WHAT!!!! I fly out of Gawler, am a member of the club and I know nothing about this.

Geeze that saddens me :(. No posters up then? Bit slack lol

Anyway hope you can make it I'll be in my lighty.

Oh it went to committee few months back , and approved :)

I s

Yeah I used to wonder why I was never told about things too:stirrer:

Yes me too ,so last year I started a site on FB just for "south Australian aviation events ". I believe you don't need an account to view it!

I ll post em here as they come up if you like?

• Like 3

I sYes me too ,so last year I started a site on FB just for "south Australian aviation events ". I believe you don't need an account to view it!

What's the facebook page called?

Yes I also fly out of Gawler and knew nothing of it.

• Informative 1

Also remember there is right hand circuits if using 23 or 13. If you know where Gawler Dam is, this is the preferred inbound point too.

Thanks guys Event organisers are the Mccolls with their " flappy bird " ATC Patrick Normoyle is meeting me ( pre arranged ) at lyndoch for breaky cuppa's then flying over. Organiser is posting pilot notes for landing and 10am landings is preferred at latest.

Geeze that saddens me :(. No posters up then? Bit slack lolAnyway hope you can make it I'll be in my lighty.

Oh it went to committee few months back , and approved :)

Hope you get a good turn out................I cant get there ...this time ! Im in transit at Singapore atm from Oslo to Brisbane .....wecom to the Warm again !

• Informative 1

Hope you get a good turn out................I cant get there ...this time ! Im in transit at Singapore atm from Oslo to Brisbane .....wecom to the Warm again !

Did you bring any COLD weather with you????

I sYes me too ,so last year I started a site on FB just for "south Australian aviation events ". I believe you don't need an account to view it!

Not being on FaceAche I guess I miss out. Oh for the days when folks ran websites instead of exclusive facebook etc.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Not being on FaceAche I guess I miss out. Oh for the days when folks ran websites instead of exclusive facebook etc.

Time moves on, and Facebook is pulling away from the websites. FB is a lot more automatic, but it does suffer when it becomes so popular that you can't track different discussions, and that's where well managed sites like this one are holding their own. The RAA site is a good example of a dead site.

• Agree 1

Well, the Gawler thingo drew quite a crowd and a few interesting planes to drool over. I'm glad I went.

Great to hear. Any photos or details around no and type of planes? Unfortunately I could not make it today.

• Like 1

Great to hear. Any photos or details around no and type of planes? Unfortunately I could not make it today.

Does a bear s$&t in woods ? Of coarse , I was snapping like croc chasing a chicken ... Lol.

I won best RAG'N'TUBE with my mighty Lighty... Was an awesome day.

image.jpg.283c9011df8556a705771f28dd536dd8.jpg

image.jpg.745c64abfb6b33387fa4908c5d716ddc.jpg

image.jpg.8bc4062da8c831d086b1cf6828ea3a01.jpg

image.jpg.c314e1f00cb7d6fc94c0631287994547.jpg

image.jpg.2f5e29b10f2055f314b752755aa70dcb.jpg

image.jpg.9f8c17456c929b63592270ae9ddccd19.jpg

image.jpg.4373ffdbf9f9d9803ba9f117f0dcbcaf.jpg

image.jpg.2a75dcffeecb20159d00d67dcb4923ad.jpg

image.jpg.2756af33af2693f661892f7666fed98b.jpg

image.jpg.91ddf936787081cc65e70af677504832.jpg

image.jpg.061a22d1a83670e1095bf7e96330267c.jpg

image.jpg.a6ad1ab508f72e5fd07635bb39ff3f96.jpg

• Like 4
  • Winner 1

Does a bear s$&t in woods ? Of coarse , I was snapping like croc chasing a chicken ... Lol.I won best RAG'N'TUBE with my mighty Lighty... Was an awesome day.

Thanks for sharing, great to see. Hopefully you will do this again and I can make it!! I am off to KI tomorrow to the Gala day, hope to see a few people fly in for this

• Like 1

Whoo, gonna be lumpy flying tomorrow, 35°C.

Both myself in my lightwing and a friend in his diamond left dents in our roofs from an un exspected severe down draught over the rangers. Reckon the hand of god smacked us down with all his might.lol Thankfully the wings stayed on. Have fun riding themz bumps

Yes a great meet. Glad to have caught up with Flyerme, Stoney and few old friends from Murry bridge. Good job I didn't fly there, might not have made it as I got well and truly lost north of Adelaide. Followed some very old road signs instead of all our new super highways. Comming home wasn't much better. Might have to invest in one of these new fangled things called SatNavs.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1