Two dead after ultra-light plane crash in Victoria's north

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the windmill was a wind mill and you shouldn't take off at the end of daylight hoping to find your way home. That's the one you are referring to Alf?Laurie

Yes Laurie I was referring to the windmill at Cootamundra with the trike

Flying in the dark will get you eventually in a trike

• Agree 1

Could be a typo or it could be a mod to the aircraft. Is it critical to the preliminary incident report? Would we prefer to have waited a few more days to make sure the engine model was reported correctly?What do the rest of the armchair experts who weren't at the scene think?????

No, certainly not critical and it wasn't meant for anything other than an observation. The aircraft used to be owned by Yarrawonga Flight Training school, is still shown on their website and clearly shows black cylinder head covers, showing it is the 912UL (80hp) engine.

Don't shoot the messenger, I am pleased they are sending out these emails but would have hoped that all details would be checked prior to sending out a prelim report.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

You are right to correct me. Ferris wheel it is, though it did put the wind up some people.

Nev

Put a few people through the mill as well...see_no_evil.gif.405888ff9078f30e1e55f7c227388916.gif

• 2 weeks later...

agree

funny

winner

informative

friendly

helpful

optimistic

creative

don't see an emoticon that indicates "dislike"

bottom line = very sad, my condolences to all associated with these two Aviators

I know where you are coming from Bats!We aren't all Vultures on this site .....but we all fly some sort of machine .... it really hits home when a tragedy happens!

I have a wife and kids and when something like this happens I get doubts about flying and I'm keen to know what's gone wrong.

Forum members may speculate , repeat rumors or get it all wrong.... but at least its out there for us to make our own decision.

I think our own insecurities make us seek answers or offer logical reasons.....right or wrong.

Hopefully we will all learn something from this shocking accident so it doesn't happen again.

Condolences to all the families and friends.

these comments are spot on - my wife says to me "if pilots with thousands of hours on many aircraft crash, what chance do you have with 200 hours on your Drifter?"

hard comments to reply to, all I can say is that I take my flying seriously and act as professionally as possible - can't do any more than that

we all know there is a risk, but the rewards are too magnificent to prevent us from continually committing aviation

I know this for a fact because my very bad limp and continual pain constantly remind me of how brilliant it was to fly paragliders

BP

• Like 2