Two dead after ultra-light plane crash in Victoria's north

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yarrawonga Chronicle Facebook pages says:

"Emergency services are at the scene of a serious aircraft accident near the Yarrawonga Airport on Cahill's Road. Very few details are available at this stage. More to follow."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/31085779/two-dead-in-light-plane-crash-in-victoria/

Looks like a trike owned by Yarrawonga Flight Trainng.

No it wasnt and as the pilot was a friend I suggest you keep your assumptions and rumours to yourself until that facts are released. Typical of this forum !

• Agree 5

I would seriously doubt it! The Herald Sun article listed in the other post goes into more detail and seems to include gyros in the equation and then goes on to say that they are mostly caused by pilot error anyway!

No it wasnt and as the pilot was a friend I suggest you keep your assumptions and rumours to yourself until that facts are released. Typical of this forum !

Sorry to have offended. Just trying to find out facts. Another sad day for us all.

• Like 3
  • Informative 4
  • Winner 1

I'd have been surprised if trikes topped the list. Yes, I just read the H/Sun thing. Not much in the way of detailed statistics there, either.

In any case, a fatal crash is always a terribly sad event. I'm sure a lot of us are thinking this day of the families and the flying community in Yarrawonga and the wider world.

• Agree 4

I would seriously doubt it! The Herald Sun article listed in the other post goes into more detail and seems to include gyros in the equation and then goes on to say that they are mostly caused by pilot error anyway!

It also lists the Cootamundra windmill tragedy as being an Arrow wing. Give that happened early April 2012 and discussion on here, in May 2012, was about rumours of a new wing about to be released, called the Arrow. I doubt they have that right either.

• Agree 2

"Yarrawonga Aerodrome manager Peter McLean told the Herald Sun the men, both experienced pilots, had been performing flight manoeuvres around the airstrip when their XT-912 Arrow struck the ground."

I guess we will never hear any more about these "manoeuvres " or whether they contributed to the accident! Manoeuvres and flexwings are two words I don't like in the same sentence.

Condolences to all those near to them

• Agree 4