Saturday meeting

What is if one has puts the hard yards in and still there are unanswered questions and still does not like the direction. Well it has to be "NO" till it is corrected.One does not start a journey unles the plan is correct at the beginning. It is OK to change a plan when the trip indicates such but, no, to the faults at the start.

KP.

Refer post #41

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things there Don is pushing his yes vote...The other RAAus is a member based organisation.. What do the members want, not the board.

KP

Keith,

RAAus is a member based organisation whether it is an incorporated association or a company Ltd by guarantee. The members have the same rights and the directors of both are also members.

I don't get your point ... In fact I would argue that members rights are better protected in a company Ltd by guarantee because company boards are accountable to the Corporations Act and Regulations. Members can therefore have a little more clout if it turns pear shaped.

Keith,RAAus is a member based organisation whether it is an incorporated association or a company Ltd by guarantee. The members have the same rights and the directors of both are also members.

I don't get your point ... In fact I would argue that members rights are better protected in a company Ltd by guarantee because company boards are accountable to the Corporations Act and Regulations. Members can therefore have a little more clout if it turns pear shaped.

Year well maybe David. The day that the government puts the rights of the shareholders/members in front of the rights of the banks, big 4 accounting and audit firms, the offshore owners and the receivership industry will be the day that hell freezes over (have you checked global warming lately?)

Year well maybe David. The day that the government puts the rights of the shareholders/members in front of the rights of the banks, big 4 accounting and audit firms, the offshore owners and the receivership industry will be the day that hell freezes over (have you checked global warming lately?)

Yeah you sure are right about the big boys. But RAAus is a not for profit co limited by guarantee, a far cry from the big boys. The only interests to protect are the members.

Yeah you sure are right about the big boys. But RAAus is a not for profit co limited by guarantee, a far cry from the big boys. The only interests to protect are the members.

I don't think that the regulator (ASIC) gives continental about the doings of not for profits. We are in no better position in terms of oversight than we were under the ACT Act IMHO. The ALP Charities and not for profit commission may have made a better regulator but it is being nobled by the Liberal Party under direction from the churches and some charities and not-for-profits who don't want anyone shining a light on some of their fiscal practises, the main thing being funds diverted for "management services" that channel vast amounts of revenue away from the prime purpose of the organisation.

• Agree 1