For every male

Admin

This week at work they are going through Men's Health Week with discussions, activities etc. With the majority of recreational aviators being mid-life males I thought it was very pertinent to post a video that was played in today's session. It is interesting to note that 1 in 8 men will suffer a bout of depression thus being one of the biggest impacts in mid life males, and did you know that more males suffer prostrate cancer than woman suffer breast or cervical cancer combined...it's not easy being a male especially in mid-life

• Like 2

This week at work they are going through Men's Health Week with discussions, activities etc. With the majority of recreational aviators being mid-life males I thought it was very pertinent to post a video that was played in today's session. It is interesting to note that 1 in 8 men will suffer a bout of depression thus being one of the biggest impacts in mid life males, and did you know that more males suffer prostrate cancer than woman suffer breast or cervical cancer combined...it's not easy being a male especially in mid-life

A well spent 1/4 hour of very captivating viewing (but I ain't gonna go hug my ex-wife's lawyer!) Seriously, thanks for the relay Ian.

• Agree 2

Yeah, I put my hand up and said that after watching that video the best way for me as a male to have a very happy long life, was to get a divorce pronto

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Have your testes removed at the age of 10. Nev

Don't know that I would support your solution Nev (although at age ten they caused me neither excitement nor concern) but have to agree that having a 'squeaky' voice in later years would have precluded me making a number of unwise small head decisions that led to hassle situations. Life is such a learning curve....... I'm at the short end of it and I'm still learning. cheers

• Agree 1

Yeah, I put my hand up and said that after watching that video the best way for me as a male to have a very happy long life, was to get a divorce pronto

Brave man Ian, wife reads this, HMMMMM!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 1

True or not? I believe it is and applies to me. I started a relationship 59 years ago and that still keeps me going strong. Never made much money but always had enough to live fairly well. Never wanted to be rich or famous. Never worried, so fairly fit. I think he may have the correct message.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Well if this was all true,then why is the divorce rate so high.You do not need to be a harvardgraduate to know that.

The Harvard graduates are the lawyers who make money out of divorce cases and therefore Harvard graduates do not want the divorce rates to go down.

The Harvard graduates are the lawyers who make money out of divorce cases and therefore Harvard graduates do not want the divorce rates to go down.

I think when you really study it dissect it and analyse it , and put it under the microscope ,take blood samples etc etc,marriage is all about give and take,you give and the ex missus and the lawyers take.

Terrific advice (for men and women), it's all about relationships. I would include our spiritual relationship also as this is what brings true peace. Brings to mind these words from King Solomon:

Ecclesiastes 12 "And remember thy Creator in the days of thy youth, before the evil days come, and the years draw nigh, of which thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; before the sun, and the light, and the moon, and the stars, be darkened, and the clouds return after the rain; in the day when the keepers of the house tremble, and the strong men bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows are darkened, and the doors are shut toward the street; when the sound of the grinding is subdued, and they rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of song are brought low; they are also afraid of what is high, and terrors are in the way, and the almond is despised, and the grasshopper is a burden, and the caper-berry is without effect; (for man goeth to his age-long home, and the mourners go about the streets; before the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be shattered at the fountain, or the wheel be broken at the cistern; and the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit return unto God who gave it."

• Informative 1

Terrific advice (for men and women), it's all about relationships. I would include our spiritual relationship also as this is what brings true peace. Brings to mind these words from King Solomon:Ecclesiastes 12 "And remember thy Creator in the days of thy youth, before the evil days come, and the years draw nigh, of which thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; before the sun, and the light, and the moon, and the stars, be darkened, and the clouds return after the rain; in the day when the keepers of the house tremble, and the strong men bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows are darkened, and the doors are shut toward the street; when the sound of the grinding is subdued, and they rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of song are brought low; they are also afraid of what is high, and terrors are in the way, and the almond is despised, and the grasshopper is a burden, and the caper-berry is without effect; (for man goeth to his age-long home, and the mourners go about the streets; before the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be shattered at the fountain, or the wheel be broken at the cistern; and the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit return unto God who gave it."

Now that sounds a real happy place so who needs aviation for enjoyment? GG, methinks you should go out for some fresh air. cheers

• Winner 1