Cop that, Donald Trump

red750

It looks like I'm not the only one worried about Trump having unfettered access to the Big Red Button ... 052_no_way.gif.ab8ffebe253e71283aa356aade003836.gif

Former Nuke Weapons Officer Goes Off: Trump Is 'So Damn Dangerous'

The comments below the article are interesting enough in themselves. Noonan, I might add, is regarded as a hawkish Republican, as well as a former nuke launch officer.

• Agree 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a total blindness to written history do you?Hillary Clinton was one of the 82 of 208 Democrats to vote "Yes" to invade Iraq, i.e. she already has pressed a red button.

She was in charge of funding the Ukraine revolution against the democratically elected Government, another red button.

She pushed the US into Libya, another red button.

There's more but that's enough to make you comment look rather nonsensical.

In the meantime Trump wants to pull from Nato, make friends with Russia, would have talks with Nth Korea and mostly concentrate on internal development. Yeah, real War Monger there.

I gave up with all this but this one too good not to post, people should know ...

BOOM!

BOOM! Wikileaks Confirms Hillary Sold Weapons To ISIS

Wow, what a balanced and thoughtful article. From a long-established news site that has absolutely no bias in the US election...?

Oh... wait a minute... this article in Fusion seems to point out a little imbalance....

"RedStateWatcher.com, a pro-Trump site founded in 2015 that is the embodiment of ad dollar-generating clickbait." (Full story at How Trump's Troll Army Is Cashing in on His Campaign).

Let's face it US foreign policy has had so many foul-ups and unintended consequences over the years, regardless of the political party in charge, that supporting anti-Assad groups and unintentionally ending up giving weapons to ISIS pales to insignificance.

Wow, what a balanced and thoughtful article. From a long-established news site that has absolutely no bias in the US election...?

Marty, it's Wikileaks, you know, Wikileaks, one of the highest regarded sources for facts and disclosure on the planet.

Who carries the story has nothing to do with the source or the content.

Let's face it US foreign policy has had so many foul-ups and unintended consequences over the years, regardless of the political party in charge, that supporting anti-Assad groups and unintentionally ending up giving weapons to ISIS pales to insignificance.

I could have said the same thing, but my angle would be based on how bad it is, has been for a long time, and that it desperately needs changing.

I can't agree with your "insignificance" quip though, a lot of people are suffering due to it, I would have said; " ..... is just another one of their Ef ups".

That's true Bex, a lot of people are suffering due to ISIS. I guess the key point is "unintentional consequences". It's not as if Hillary thought "Hmm, feeling a bit anti-American today, think I might go sell some weapons to ISIS", like that Trump-pushing website has spun it. But yes it is one more in a long and distinguished list of foreign policy mistakes, some of which (like Vietnam and Iraq) have resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths - hence my "pales into insignificance" remark.

Depends on who is really calling the shots in Washington. Eisenhower was right to warn about the Military-Industrial Complex which grew out of WWII. With much of American manufacturing now moved offshore, weapons makers are no doubt screaming for support. Trump's talk of pulling out of foreign entanglements must have them worried; I bet they're throwing money at Clinton.

• Agree 1