New Savannah Chairs.

Skee

The fabricated aluminium ones were a marvellous computer design and real fun to build but were always way too heavy, these look potentially a lot lighter, and maybe not so constrictive to a broader pilot than the little bucket seats. I am not is a rush to retrofit adjustable seats to mine, they seat the pilot higher in the cockpit and at 6'3" I need all the headroom I can have. The headset brushes on the cabin frame sometimes as it is.

I looked at the difference in doing the mod for the adj seats its way to difficult to retrofit. There is a totally different front crossmember. Anyway its really for sort arsed pilots that cant reach the pedals :) Any shorter people who fly mine just use a spacer cushion anyway. The twin stick option would be a better value for money spend as a option. I love my twin sticks, it makes long trips so much easier and comfortable now

• Haha 1

Have the Savs always used bucket seats? Just asking as the 701 "seats" are built into the fuselage (see attached pic - not mine) with some form of padding/fitted cushions over them.

My kit is a July 2013 issue and it still had near identical to yours, I can't remember if it was the next batch of kits or the batch after that the adjustable bucket seats were introduced. I assumed the new seats were this type, but looking more closely at the photo they don't have the cut out in the middle for the twin joysticks like the bucket seats do, so now I am thinking they are just an upmarket flat cushion for the old style seats like you have. They always did have a leather seat option at considerable increased cost, to make them more acceptable to European car drivers I guess.

Either way there would have to be some sort of internal frame to support that head rest or it would just flop down after a short time.

• Informative 1

Late in replying but I almost choked when I saw "€1200 + vat + shipping!!!" My Thruster seat was way too tight and didn't give me any back support so I've bought a rally-car seat and cover for just over $200. Before you say anything, yes, it is a bit heavier but a damned sight more comfortable.

286897230_Newseatcover(Copy).JPG.9a41be30b31e1164f84e5260541699f4.JPG

398263704_Newseat1(Copy).JPG.29fca20540dad0ef176e224ee7f07b32.JPG

297128251_Newseat2(Copy).JPG.7691b7321d0976cc5cf74963358d4a5d.JPG

The fabricated aluminium ones were a marvellous computer design and real fun to build but were always way too heavy, these look potentially a lot lighter, and maybe not so constrictive to a broader pilot than the little bucket seats. I am not is a rush to retrofit adjustable seats to mine, they seat the pilot higher in the cockpit and at 6'3" I need all the headroom I can have. The headset brushes on the cabin frame sometimes as it is.

RA: are you saying that the new-beaut adjustable ICP seats are lighter than the original fixed seats?

• 9 months later...