Headset Recommendation

Wow... so many options and choices. Thanks for the feedback guys.The recreational flying headset for $150 looks pretty good. Anyone else have experience with this headset? I guess I'll see where the aviation bug takes me before I spend too much money on headset like a bose a20.

I don't like to be negative - but I purchased a set from Rec Flying Pilot Supply shop as my first set - the wiring around the boom became degraded after about 4 hours and became unservicable - I attempted to contact them via the website and on here about refund/replacement/repair and had no response - so I picked up a DC set on E-bay and they are great. There is no comparison between the two in my opinion.

• Helpful 1

Interesting discussion. I'm quite happy with my Dave Clark 10.20, but would like to patch in my iPhone.

ANR would also be nice. I would also like to connect my stick-mounted PTT button, which has never worked properly.

I realise it may be easier to buy a newer headset with these features, but my DC cups are bolted to my helmet- something you can't do with many brands. Anyone able to help?

Quick update....I ended up buying the Zulus for $450. Should get them next week :).Anyone know if you can record audio from the zulu headset to an android phone or voice recorder? There is a lightspeed app that can do it but is only compatible with Apple phones.

Good work, they're a decent headset.

The app only works with newer Zulu 2's and the pfx's as far as I'm aware. My Zulu 2 I had weren't compatible.

• Like 1

Why waste your money on David Clark when you can get the exact copy and then improved version for a hell of a lot cheaper...the Recreational Flying headset, the same as the DC but 2db better, gold plated plugs etc, they are in the Recreational Flying Shop

Hi Ian,

does this one have active noise reduction or passive?

Hi Ian,does this one have active noise reduction or passive?

No, these are passive and over 1,000 have been sold in Australia, are really comfortable with a 12 months clean swap warranty providing they are not broken through misuse