Oil Funnel

JG3

I found this clip-on funnel at a King Kong Discount store.

It works just great, don't have to hold a funnel with one hand and pour with the other.

The inventor deserves an award.

840254468_FuelCart003(Medium).JPG.7a1d8025d86faa31664a9a96ed5a9ffd.JPG

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

I always added oil to jabs in the field by carefully trickling the oil down the partially removed dipstick. Works fine as oil clings to the dipstick all the way in.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

I always added oil to jabs in the field by carefully trickling the oil down the partially removed dipstick. Works fine as oil clings to the dipstick all the way in.

It's called putting the monkey on the wire:kicking:

For moving small quantities of oil into difficult-to-access compartments, I use a Septone, metal hand cleaner pump (bought new).

These neat little hand pumps will often screw onto the tops of 5L bottles - and if they don't - well, you just insert it, and pump away, anyway.

Slide a length of clear PVC or fuel hose over the spout, insert into component requiring oil, and these little pumps will deliver about a litre from about a dozen pumps.

They are excellent for filling vehicle gearboxes and diffs.

Listed on the following "cleaners supermarket" website, as model SEIZD4KM (the first metal pump listed).

You can also acquire them at places such as auto parts shops, or retailers of hand cleaning products.

Hand Pumps | Soap Pumps

• Like 1

Has anyone used the syringes you can find at auto part stores? They come in 200ml to 500ml usually and range from $30 to $80...pricy for what they are! They have a flexible tube at the end for hard to reach places which is exactly what we need...

They're quite handy, Akro, but after you've used your syinge it will leak oil out the tube and collect dust. It needs to be stored wrapped in cloth.

Yea..awesome. Zip lock bag is probably a good thing to keep it in if we get one then.

• Informative 1

Trouble with all this stuff is dust contamination. While I hate the concept, something single use is better. Paper cups crushed to a pouring point work. Jabiru filler is a bit of a joke. Nev

• Agree 2

Use a small funnel with length of clear plastic tubing to fit into oil filler orifice. After filling,discard the plastic tube (so no dust issue) wipe out/wash off the funnel and job done. The monkey on wire technique is ok but requires concentration and a steady hand. Above method requires neither!

The syringe O'ring seems to rot after the first use, gets very sticky & hard to push in or pull it out when finnished.

Never found the right size o'ring to replace the large ones.

spacesailor

• Informative 1