Plane Down @ Hoxton Park

Guest cosmos

What has happened to the ATSB link? I click on it and get an Umbraco "replacement 404" blank page.

So I go to the ATSB website and search for "AO-2017-094" investigation, and it tells me there are no results for my search?! 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

I hope for his sake he stayed 1 metre clear of the bik

What has happened to the ATSB link? I click on it and get an Umbraco "replacement 404" blank page.So I go to the ATSB website and search for "AO-2017-094" investigation, and it tells me there are no results for my search?! 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

search for Hoxton Park or the aircraft make model....might help.

I wonder if this is going to be another PA-28 tank selector problem? They don't run too well when you've selected the wrong tank, inadvertently set the selector between positions, or forget to turn the pump on when switching tanks.

They've also been known to have faulty selector valves that bind and prevent tank switching.

A former business partner with a PA-28 had a tank selector failure about 1985 or 1986. He dropped her onto the Coolgardie-Kalgoorlie highway when the big fan stopped - and he was going well with his dead stick landing, until he came up against one of those pesky large roadside signs!

He took a wing off on the sign support post, but neither he nor his 13 yr old girl passenger were hurt. I believe the PA-28 flew again, but it was a pretty expensive repair.

FAA Issues SAIB For PA-28 Fuel Selectors | Aero-News Network