RAaus Response Times

The Therm

Has this been covered before? Does anyone else find the automated RAaus email stating that they will respond in 7 - 15 Business Days a little frustrating?

My business wouldn't survive if I had that as a general response to queries.

It bloody slack, with the RAA fees we pay just to be a member and hold a cert. This has been going on for tooooooo long. I to have had to ring up and push, to get things done in a timely manner . Have zero sympathy for a organisation that dose not preform.

Or

Just go and fly and see if they are game to prosecute me for their failure to deliver after payment. Judge might like to read a long submission of payment vs performance.

Has this been covered before? Does anyone else find the automated RAaus email stating that they will respond in 7 - 15 Business Days a little frustrating?My business wouldn't survive if I had that as a general response to queries.

It's a monopoly.....not like you can "buy" elsewhere.

Without being terse, it doesn't matter what the question is, the fact that a response states 7 - 15 business days, to me, seems unacceptable.

It is a membership organisation, with not that many staff. It can likely be quicker if they have more staff, but that will cost the members more. Does anyone know the work load in the office?

• Agree 1

After sending off an application to CASA and over a month gone by with no reply, I found that their stated response time to such things was over 50 days.

Here's what has occurred to me as a way of getting some action.... you write and say that their non-reply has been accepted as a go-ahead.

Alas, cooler minds have said that this will make them hostile and they are too powerful to bait like that..

• Like 1

Are the accounts publicly available?

Yes. Log into the member portal and a 60pg annual report is there to read.

I’ve read it and the financials.

Hope the modernisation is now complete - it’s taken $200k out of the bank each of the last two years and at the current rate of loss in a couple of years we will have an empty bank but nice software platforms.

On current cash usage they as a company run out of cash to operate in under 3 years ... then it’s mortgaging or selling the office in Canberra to keep the doors open.

So I hope the alternate company up in qld gets up n running in the next year or so because it’s not looking pretty at RAAus Land

Yes. Log into the member portal and a 60pg annual report is there to read.I’ve read it and the financials.

Hope the modernisation is now complete - it’s taken $200k out of the bank each of the last two years and at the current rate of loss in a couple of years we will have an empty bank but nice software platforms.

Thanks for that

So the cost of the "cost saving", "efficiency" and "computer modernisation" programs are sending us broke?

Oh, the irony.......

I've seen first hand computer consultants worm their way into a business and make themselves indispensable. Like a cancer, destroying it from the inside. Focused on lining their own pockets.

Hope that is not happening here....

I’m not saying the modernisation program was wrong but just that we are running out of cash to keep doing more if the same scale over the coming years.

I’ve been there done that in major business change and I doubt anyone who has done major IT and process change in an organisation will after the event say they’d do it exactly the same again so I’m sure there are parts even the board and CEO would privately say do not deliver what they thought or now realise they had priority changes.

But what I fail to see is a clear view that what we paid for has met the business requirements- though it may exist. From what we were told the case was both cost reduction and process improvement.

The online systems do not appear to have removed costs equal to or greater than they cost so the business case would have to rely on much improved processes.

Next CASA audit should show if core regulatory data is better but on areas like accident and incident I still fail to see any analysis of root cause and sorry to be offensive but the safety office outputs appear to be seem to be doing something rather than being effective.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...