2 Years On

alf jessup

2 years today we lost a good mate to some and a valued contributor to this forum

Miss you Ross (Aka Maj Millard)

Wherever you are mate I hope you got a Lightwing to soar the sky’s in

You may be gone but your not forgotten

Alf

• Like 10
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 4

thanks Alf

I've always thought there should be a topic 'where are they ?'

sort of like a family album - some are deceased - some decide not to post any more, etc .............. a suggestion only

• Agree 1

Ross was one of several friends that have died in plane crashes. What is worrying is that all of them were to good a pilot to have a crash. They all talked about the risks and were prepared, yet they still succumbed.

Turn back after an engine failure, turning too steeply too near the ground on approach, trying to lift the wheels on a C337 when the rear engine had failed. The only one who died frpm something we don't talk about, had the plane break up in mid air, supposedly.

All sadly missed. but I hope we learned something from their passing.

• Agree 2

Ross was one of several friends that have died in plane crashes. What is worrying is that all of them were too good a pilot to have a crash. They all talked about the risks and were prepared, yet they still succumbed.Turn back after an engine failure, turning too steeply too near the ground on approach, trying to lift the wheels on a C337 when the rear engine had failed. The only one who died frpm something we don't talk about, had the plane break up in mid air, supposedly.

All sadly missed. but I hope we learned something from their passing.

That would be their wishes too, i'm sure.

I've rally'd a bit, raced a bit, diced a bit and driven millions of kms over my 74yrs like many others , but very occasionally a situation occurs when one should be a little more "switched on", but for whatever reason, we weren't. Sometimes you think "holy sh*t, I should never have done that. Next time I might not be so lucky.067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif Sadly some of us aren't

• Helpful 1

It seems like longer than that. I've lost too many in small(er) planes. That's a reason I push safety a lot. I wish I didn't have to. Fly carefully always folks. Nev

Guess it’s the world we live in Nev

Sad to lose anyone but it’s a part of life I guess, some cause their own demise others just might make one costly mistake

None of us are 10ft tall and bullet proof even though some think they are

Any loss is a bad loss

There wouldn`t be too many, if any, that could say for sure, how they would react in an emergency situation, where the slightest mistake could be fatal.

I like to believe, everyone does the best they know how!

Frank.

• Agree 2

There wouldn`t be too many, if any, that could say for sure, how they would react in an emergency situation, where the slightest mistake could be fatal.I like to believe, everyone does the best they know how!

Frank.

Problem is Frank

Many scud run and fly in to hills not saying just RAA

Get there itis doesn’t help either

Sometimes ambition out weighs ability

Flying I don’t think is dangerous, but it is very unforgiving when mistakes are made

• Agree 2