RV Owners in North/Central QLD?

Hongie

Depends what you mean by “north”.

To us in North Queensland “north “ equals Townsville or north of it. To southerners “North Queensland” is anything north of Brisbane and south of Mackay. Anything north of that just doesn’t count as civilization.

Quite a few in the cairns area. Off top of my head I can think of about 7. All fly out of the small airports around cairns. Atherton, Mareeba, Innisfail.

Look up atherton aero club, fnqflyers, Nq aeroclub Facebook pages. Otherwise if you want contacts I can give you some.

• Like 1

Depends what you mean by “north”.To us in North Queensland “north “ equals Townsville or north of it. To southerners “North Queensland” is anything north of Brisbane and south of Mackay. Anything north of that just doesn’t count as civilization.

It's funny how people in the north become so parochial about their particular patch of it.

When I was in Australia's 'proper' north we used to think of you Cairnsians as 'Southerner Softies' 1774500369_smilewink.gif.30981eca5e1a1b36b325abe8bb5e5917.gif

• Haha 3

It's funny how people in the north become so parochial about their particular patch of it.When I was in Australia's 'proper' north we used to think of you Cairnsians as 'Southerner Softies' [ATTACH=full]53876[/ATTACH]

Yeah. Comes about from the constant exposure to adverse publicity - eg weather warnings, politicians, news etc etc quoting how events are happening in “north” Queensland and which then have major impacts on us but the events happened in the Rockhampton and Mackay area.

Our tourism industry for instance has been decimated three times in the last 20 years when cyclones have hit Mackay or Bowen ( roughly 800 - 1000 kms south of here) and where we had no problems. But the media constantly referred to “North Queensland” and people cancelled their bookings in droves.

Similarly we have significantly poorer road maintenance and building programs here but the main highway in central Queensland is being upgraded which is fine as it’s needed. But representations to have money allocated here are rejected by politicians exclaiming that “north” Queensland already has $XX millions being spent on upgrades.

But ignoring the fact that that money is being spent somewhere else in the country and only called “north” to deflect criticism.

Same thing happens across every facet of society. North Queensland health budgets are same.

• Agree 2

There are two of us at Rods Bay, 10nm SE of Gladstone, about 210 from Mackay. One at Old Station. I don’t know of any others in the area.

I have an Rv4 and the other one here is an RV 10.

Jaba-who said:

Depends what you mean by “north”.

To us in North Queensland “north “ equals Townsville or north of it. To southerners “North Queensland” is anything north of Brisbane and south of Mackay. Anything north of that just doesn’t count as civilization.

It's funny how people in the north become so parochial about their particular patch of it.

When I was in Australia's 'proper' north we used to think of you Cairnsians as 'Southerner Softies' smile-wink-gif.53876

Ha ha! All you northerners just crack me up, comparing the size of your latitudes like that... :)

Alan :)

Hongie, I have an RV9A at Bundaberg. Prob a bit far south for you?Will be advertised for sale soon. TIS 260 hrs.

Should not be much over 2.4 hours in an rv. The Nynja will get there in 3.5 hours? Nice airport to land at I'd expect.

Cheers :-)

Hongie, I have an RV9A at Bundaberg. Prob a bit far south for you?Will be advertised for sale soon. TIS 260 hrs.

All good mate, cheers. Just trying to get my -7a ferried to Ayr, so I can do some training. Looking for an RV experienced local pilot. Seem to be thin on the ground!

• Like 2

All good mate, cheers. Just trying to get my -7a ferried to Ayr, so I can do some training. Looking for an RV experienced local pilot. Seem to be thin on the ground!

Could one of the guys flying it down here fly it to Ayr then you pick them up and fly back in Matts Sav? 1.5 hrs each way in Sav. Need to do before the big wet comes. Ayr is a nice air strip. Cheers and enjoy the sign off. It looks a nice aircraft.

Hongie, I have an RV9A at Bundaberg. Prob a bit far south for you?Will be advertised for sale soon. TIS 260 hrs.[/quote

Currently looking at an RV9a.

When it goes up for sale would you let me know the details if you don't have a buyer already lined up?

Can text to 0403 255 575 or email to [email protected]

Cheers

Doug