Converting from an NZ Microlight certificate (raanz issue) to Ra-Aus

Hi, I haven't done it ( I'm an instructor) but if you see ops manual you will see qualifications from any country are recognised.

See ops manual for RAA https://www.raa.asn.au/storage/5-om-71-august-2016-single-pages.pdf.

The CFI that recognises your qualifications must have the actual qualification himself ! So if you have various endorsements make sure CFI has them.

Duty of CFI, Conduct ground and in-flight training for Student or Converting Pilots and Pilots in accordance with the requirements of this manual and relevant legislaton. The training provided is limited to actvities the CFI is authorised to undertake by virtue of Endorsements and Approvals held by the CFI.

You shouldn’t need any training other than any differences in rules and procedures. Converting pilot exam and copy of your qualifications. If you are current ie BFR and medical ( if relevant) then RAAus will recognise your endorsements. You will require at least a check ride with a CFI to demonstrate your competence. Read up on CAO 95.55 and the Visual flight guide Civil Aviation Safety Authority | Visual Flight Rules Guide

Hahah There's a LOT of water and not too many places to grab fuel!!

A number of years ago I did the inaugural (and only I think) around NZ Airrace in a C170 - I had to pass the NZ Air Leg exam before I could fly - I think I was issued a temporary licence. That said, I have transited many countries in Europe, Middle East and Asia without undertaking anything. I think the requirement is there if you want to operate under the host country's licensing/certificateI think the same applies here - see extract from RA-Aus Ops manual

PRIVILEGES OF A STUDENT OR CONVERTING PILOT CERTIFICATE HOLDER

4 © c) they have passed a written pre-solo air legislation on examination on; and

Hahah There's a LOT of water and not too many places to grab fuel!!

450 nm Norfolk, 480 Howe, 300 odd aussie coast. .......

That being said, the "pucker factor" would be up there.....

Makes my looking at a trip to Indo over 300 odd miles (and a few islands) look pretty tame...

450 nm Norfolk, 480 Howe, 300 odd aussie coast. .......That being said, the "pucker factor" would be up there.....Makes my looking at a trip to Indo over 300 odd miles (and a few islands) look pretty tame...

Yeah not a lot of room for error on the 480 leg - i only hold 90L and where to do go as a Plan B? Most of my flying buddies here get nervous going across Cook Straight

theblacksheep Downunder if you are planning a trip to Indo have a look at my friend Alan's blog on his 2014 trip in a 172.

WOW, What a story! Probably a bit "light -on" with the Indo organisational side before the trip but it came out well in the end...

From the Australian side, you would think there would be a standard procedure/protocol for light aircraft departing Aus......

Flight out to Norfolk in 96 was interesting too!

450 nm Norfolk, 480 Howe, 300 odd aussie coast. .......That being said, the "pucker factor" would be up there.....Makes my looking at a trip to Indo over 300 odd miles (and a few islands) look pretty tame...

037_yikes.gif.9a64ebbf1bd0ab78266ef9f42a443789.gif There are NO mid-island fuel stops.