HB Engines = German Jabiru twins.

bexrbetter

The engines are clearly based on Jabiru with their own crankcases, the air cooled being Jabiru heads and the water cooled being Rotec Jabiru water cooled heads.

If they use Jabiru and Rotec parts, or copy make their own, I don't know.

Would be amusing to find the price for their twin is the same for Jabiru's 4 cylinder, quite possible coming out of Germany.

HB MOTORS UG – DESIGN, MANUFACTURE and Sales OF ULTRALIGHT 4-STROKE FLAT TWIN ENGINE

DSC_00129-300x200.jpg&key=a38c793d15e9659fbaaa29bb74531e82ca147ea921df04c74968cf78f193b729

Was the Jab twin 1100 or maybe less. The original production Jab was a 4 cylinder 1600cc engine, which makes me think its predecessor would have been 800cc.

The engines are clearly based on Jabiru with their own crankcases, the air cooled being Jabiru heads and the water cooled being Rotec Jabiru water cooled heads.If they use Jabiru and Rotec parts, or copy make their own, I don't know.

Would be amusing to find the price for their twin is the same for Jabiru's 4 cylinder, quite possible coming out of Germany.

HB MOTORS UG – DESIGN, MANUFACTURE and Sales OF ULTRALIGHT 4-STROKE FLAT TWIN ENGINE

DSC_00129-300x200.jpg&key=a38c793d15e9659fbaaa29bb74531e82ca147ea921df04c74968cf78f193b729

The gearbox tells us this one is designed to spin lots faster than a Jab.In the quest for lightness, why persist with heavy metal gears when belt drives can be light and reliable?

• Agree 1

. they said couldn't beat primary/secondary vibration problems simply.

Interesting, flat twins are inherently self balancing for primary, as one side's action cancels the other side out. Secondary 'should be' minor in a flat twin, again due to each side damping the other side, but certianly a small rocking action is there due to cylinder offset, exagerated by alternate firing.

The numbers out there, Ural, Citroen, BMW, stationary engines, etc. are mostly known for their smoothness and long lives.

A friend had a Thruster t500 with a BMW 800? and Rotax C gearbox. Good performance and smooth.

The gearbox may smooth things with the counter rotating masses

Rotax gearboxes are light and reliable

The engines are clearly based on Jabiru with their own crankcases, the air cooled being Jabiru heads and the water cooled being Rotec Jabiru water cooled heads.If they use Jabiru and Rotec parts, or copy make their own, I don't know.

That looks interesting I hope it goes well