Great Barrier Reef destroyed by climate... or not.

...and a cyclone came along and blew it all away...

When revisiting places on the Great Barrier Reef you better understand the effects of cyclones on places yer may have seen many years ago.. 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

"...the Australian Institute of Marine Science found coral cover increased by 19 per cent across the marine park between 2012 and 2015, nearly doubling the southern sector due to good early recovery from cyclones and floods..."

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/1625_australian.pdf

Of course, if your income is derived from finding bleaching, then bleaching yer will find...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you’re income is derived from consulting mining companies, what would you find 

Common sense, you would think!.... though, considering that most of the numpties turning up at 'protest rallys' are likely on some sort of government largesse sourced via taxation/royalties. And that a large proportion of that taxation comes from mining royalties and/or company taxation... well,.. I think yer'd find a lot of dumb protesters. Though, I may be passing unjust aspersions on them protesters. Why them government funded protesters may have renounced three quarters of their dole cheque to protest how the government gets its money......... Yeah, right - 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif  

(a flying pig smilie is my first choice though couldn't find one - complaint to Admin about a lack of smilies 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif  )