Great Barrier Reef destroyed by climate... or not.

Let's put this stuff on the other forum OFF topics. where religion etc went. Nev

The so-called reef 'damage' is being used as a weapon to stop the building of a north Queensland airport. The reef 'damage' claims are also affecting the tourism that supports many aviation jobs.

facthunter, do you disagree ?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would take an hour or two to read all of the reference in my post 52 so I understand why you might not bother. But if you haven’t, you can’t really claim to have understood the evidence. Many people are arguing from a predetermined position and not considering all of the evidence. There is much more to this than just saying 90% of housewives think that Persil washes whiter.

Cool. Just read their statement on climate change and every part of that statement ties in with h what I already understood- that the massive release of CO2 since the Industrial Revolution is having a direct impact on our climate. A good read. Thanks :-)

danny_galaga, did I miss the link to this 'quote' of yours.. ?

You are winning the internet for sure! But if you are genuinely interested google is your friend- just cut and paste some of the text into google :-)

The so-called reef 'damage' is being used as a weapon to stop the building of a north Queensland airport. The reef 'damage' claims are also affecting the tourism that supports many aviation jobs.facthunter, do you disagree ?

If the problem of coral bleaching on Great Barrier Reef is a nonexistent problem pushed to stop an airport in North Queensland what about the coral bleaching on the Florida reefs as well as other reefs around the world (for a full list Coral bleaching - Wikipedia ) are these all invented to stop airports or other developments?

Can we please take this over to Whats Up forum

You are winning the internet for sure! But if you are genuinely interested google is your friend- just cut and paste some of the text into google :-)

What about yer supply a link. fact_hunter will know your bias then..022_wink.gif.172114d34d2b7086a87d713e29ba4c63.gif

If the problem of coral bleaching on Great Barrier Reef is a nonexistent problem pushed to stop an airport in North Queensland what about the coral bleaching on the Florida reefs as well as other reefs around the world (for a full list Coral bleaching - Wikipedia ) are these all invented to stop airports or other developments?

I think you miss-understand. No one is claiming coral bleaching/dieback is not happening - it happens all the time all around the world and in some years can be quiet extensive. It is a well documented happening that were first noted several hundred years ago.

Re the Great Barrier Reef (GBR), the first extensive study of coral bleaching/dieback were conducted in the 1920's at Low Isles near Cairns. The first media related GBR coral bleaching hysteria event were conducted in the 1950's...

What about yer supply a link. fact_hunter will know your bias then..022_wink.gif.172114d34d2b7086a87d713e29ba4c63.gif

You seem quite adept at cutting and pasting, you can’t find the link using google? Maybe you aren’t winning at the internet after all. You’ve let me down man

You seem quite adept at cutting and pasting, you can’t find the link using google? Maybe you aren’t winning at the internet after all. You’ve let me down man

OooKaay, I think I'll leave you to play yer primary school games with others.

Back to the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) and why a flying inspection of coral is fairly useless unless your a modern so-called coral 'research' scientist who's just out to get the taxpayer to fund your flying jolly's...

Via, Studies on the Physiology of Corals. Younge and Nicholls. (on the GBR near Cairns)

"...When walking over the exposed reef flat during the next spring tides on March 21st, (year 1929) great numbers of whitened skeletons of corals killed by the great heat a month previously, were seen. In addition there were a number of other corals, principally species of Favia and Goniastrea, which were equally white, but which, on closer examination, were found to be alive and perfectly healthy, but with colourless, transparent tissues..."

Note - Before the eco-loons jump in, in other research, Younge and Nicholls also comment on same species coral in mild weather unaffected by heat stress having colour ranges from translucent through to brown within metres of each other.

Well FB, 105 posts in under 3 weeks, almost all negative about moving to a better less polluting future and almost none relating to flying even though you tried to make everyone think that this thread had some sort of Aviation focus which it of course does not. Create your next thread in the Whats Up Australia site and leave Recreational flying to real Aviation topics.

Well FB, 105 posts in under 3 weeks, almost all negative about moving to a better less polluting future and almost none relating to flying even though you tried to make everyone think that this thread had some sort of Aviation focus which it of course does not. Create your next thread in the Whats Up Australia site and leave Recreational flying to real Aviation topics.

Yeah, shoulda called the thread 'Threats to Adani airport and other QLD aviation business' ...though, the calls to shut down any heretical talk would likely be the same..020_yes.gif.767d5611ab0128aba1b77757dac786da.gif

Anyone who doesn't think this topic is relevant to Australian aviation is naive.

Do you think private recreational aviation will be ALLOWED if the Greens get their way? That's if these lunatics haven't increased the cost of living so you cannot afford to fly.

So the CO2 in the atmosphere has gone from 280 ppm (although I've seen good evidence that it was higher than that - more like 330 to 340 ppm and had some private corresponence with the late Ernst Beck) to 400ppm since the beginning of the industrial era, so what? The only good evidence I've seen after following the "climate change" topic for nearly 30 years (call it residual professional interest - I spent 7 years in the meteorology/ atmospheric science/environmental science field)  is that the planet has become greener because of the fertilisation effect of slightly higher CO2 levels. That's it. There is no evidence anything untoward or unusual is happening that has not happened before in this interglacial and even the saner alarmists keep revising down their CO2 induced temperature  estimates. It is about 1 to 1.2 degrees C BTW for a doubling of CO2 in the absence of feedback effects. The warmists thnk the feedbacks are positive but there is no evidence for that. The mid troposphere tropical hotspot doesn't exist. If you don't know what I mean by that you haven't done enough research to have an opinion.

What do you think would happen to the jobs at NASA, NOAA, CSIRO etc if the "scientists" in those sheltered workshops admitted that there was no climate change problem? After spending a few years with these people IMO they could mostly make good livings as used car salesmen.

OooKaay, I think I'll leave you to play yer primary school games with others.

Ok buddy I’ll lift my game up to your junior high school level  

so if you aren’t sure how to google a quote i can give you an example. Say for instance I give a quote 

So Buzz Off Mrs/Mr Buzz Bomber, go back to trolling and annoying the greenie and whatever other forums you frequent, or have you now been banned from all of them?

and I am being evasive as to it’s source. Well the source is not really a top secret so long as it’s at least a month old. All you have to do is cut and paste some of the quote, put it in parentheses:

“So Buzz Off Mrs/Mr Buzz Bomber, go back to trolling and annoying the greenie and whatever other forums you frequent, or have you now been banned from all of them?”

to get the most likely hits first and then put that into your favourite search engine. And then you win the internets!

Ok buddy I’ll lift my game up to your junior high school level  

so if you aren’t sure how to google a quote i can give you an example. Say for instance I give a quote 

and I am being evasive as to it’s source. Well the source is not really a top secret so long as it’s at least a month old. All you have to do is cut and paste some of the quote, put it in parentheses:

“So Buzz Off Mrs/Mr Buzz Bomber, go back to trolling and annoying the greenie and whatever other forums you frequent, or have you now been banned from all of them?”

to get the most likely hits first and then put that into your favourite search engine. And then you win the internets!

...and after all that, all yer had to do were supply a link just like every other polite poster. Though no, on and on it goes.....

Anyway, moving on...

So, Peter Ridd doing what any good scientist should do is threatened. Incredible, absolutely increadible... 

"...When marine scientist Peter Ridd suspected something was wrong with photographs being used to highlight the rapid decline of the Great Barrier Reef, he did what good scientists are supposed to do: he sent a team to check the facts. 

After attempting to blow the whistle on what he found — healthy corals — Professor Ridd was censured by James Cook University and threatened with the sack. After a formal investigation, Professor Ridd — a renowned campaigner for quality assurance over coral research from JCU’s Marine Geophysics Laboratory — was found guilty of “failing to act in a collegial way and in the academic spirit of the institution”..."  

https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites/theaustralian/subscribe.html?sourceCode=TAWEB_MRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaustralian.com.au%2Fhigher-education%2Freef-whistleblower-censured-by-james-cook-university%2Fnews-story%2Fc7aa0e0ac1c1dec1b065273d2e968f6d&memtype=anonymous&v21=test&v21suffix=test

(Apologies for the font size of the quote though the new format wont downsize it ???)

Do you think private recreational aviation will be ALLOWED if the Greens get their way? That's if these lunatics haven't increased the cost of living so you cannot afford to fly.

The greens aren't in power, that pain you feel in your chest is from the liberal party, the liberal party love the law and order platform and selling off airports to their mates to build shopping centres

Anyway, moving on...So, Peter Ridd doing what any good scientist should do is threatened. Incredible, absolutely increadible... 

he's unemployable now isn't he? because he got caught cooking the numbers in his research. no credible university in australia will hire him. 

Uni tarred 

Professor Peter Ridd, of James Cook University, is a hot favourite on the climate denial/sceptic circuit, with his theory that scientists have it all wrong about the Great Barrier Reef, which apparently is in rude health. His employers at the university are not fans of this theory or his contribution to the Institute for Paid Advocacy book Climate Change: The Facts 2017. They have sought to discipline Professor Ridd, who says his academic freedom is under attack. 

He has filed a claim against the uni in the Federal Circuit Court and launched an appeal on GoFundMe, where he has raised about $95,000 towards his litigation. Naturally, the IPA and The Parrot are right behind him. 

Among the donors to his campaign we find the names Keith Windschuttle, tossing in $500, and Professor Chris Cocklin, with a hefty $10 donation. Coincidentally, there is a Professor Cocklin at James Cook University, as senior deputy vice-chancellor. 

There’s also the name Bryant Macfie, who has provided support to the tune of $2000. Macfie is a Perth doctor who donated $350,000 to the University of Queensland for “climate research” on topics selected in collaboration with the IPA. That is the same university that provides a course called “Making Sense of Climate Denial”, where you can learn how to counter arguments advanced by people such as the king of sweepovers, Morrie Newman

Anyway, in the same year he made the donation Macfie gave a big speech in which he made the interesting point that “the crucifix has been replaced by the wind turbine”. 

...and after all that, all yer had to do were supply a link just like every other polite poster. Though no, on and on it goes.....

You win the prize. You can google that in google images if you like

Mike where are the Glaciers that aren't receding? Sea temps and acidity  and levels are rising. That can all be measured and easily verified. Tropical sea creatures are being increasingly found in higher latitudes. NEW maximum ever temperatures recorded increasingly frequently. North Pole navigable by merchant ships.. Plenty more. Not happening? I wish you were right. Nev

he's unemployable now isn't he? because he got caught cooking the numbers in his research. no credible university in australia will hire him. 

Proof of claim please. What is your evidence of "cooking the numbers" ?