ATEC Faeta NG

For those in the Sydney Basin (or who want to fly/drive in) the new ATEC Faeta NG will be on display at The Oaks, 09:00, Saturday 16 June (Weather Permitting).

This is an extraordinarily capable aircraft with one of the widest flight envelopes available today (figures below for Demo aircraft fitted with Rotax 912 ULS  & ground adjustable prop)

- Stall 28 knots with flap / 32 knots without

- Economy Cruise  134 knots @16 lph 

- Max Level flight 150 knots.

- Fuel consumption at 86 knots - 8 lph

- Fuel capacity 50 L x 2 wing tanks

- TO/Landing role sub 200 m

- Climb out @ over 1200 ft/min

- Represents the best "bang for the operational buck".

- Has amongst the lowest operating cost of all.

-  Is a delightfully comfortable easy aircraft to fly.

- Robust & reliability in a sleek and elegant form.

- Enthusiastic Australian agents/support

You can configure this aircraft just the way you want with a wide range of options including  - advanced kit & factory built, all Rotax 912 variants and 914, "steam" to glass cockpit, etc, etc

"all Rotax 912 variants and 914" Running at "Fuel consumption at 86 knots - 8 lph "

That must be running LLLEEAAN.

Single or two seater ? 

And still no "wing loading"  in any manufactures spiel !, that I have seen to date.  

spacesailor

That must be running LLLEEAAN.Single or two seater ? 

And still no "wing loading"  in any manufactures spiel !, that I have seen to date.  

spacesailor

There is no facility to adjust fuel flow in a conventional Rotax 912/914 set up. The engine runs as per factory set up - no richer no leaner.

These are actual figures for the demonstrator (see below),  not silk purse fantasies dreamt up by a sales /marketing department.

ATEC do make a single seater,  unfortunately  we dont have one in Australia yet.

Sorry I dont have the wing load figures but I can tell you in common with many European designs it is fairly low.

22769720_1701757416530816_7587789477711594364_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0%26oh=555842319cf49a5d9d53ea681d71511c%26oe=5BC23CE1&key=0c3467ba900f12a086b788d60938b2b2f3257557b336d53b486c63274591d7fb

That must be running LLLEEAAN.Single or two seater ? 

spacesailor

Found it in the opps manual - plus 5 / minus 3

• Agree 1

Well No, that is not the wing loading, it is the positive and negative G force specified as an indication of the strength of the airframe. Is what you quote the ultimate or tested as there is quite a difference? The ultimate is that beyond which the components will fail. Wing loading on the other hand is the total weight of an aircraft divided by the area of its wing usually expressed in pounds per square foot or kgs per square metre.

THEREFOR 

A small-wing loading will always be a Inferior (weaker) aircraft than the same design with a greater wing-loading. An air craft with 6+6- G load will take a rougher landing than a 3+2- G  weakened wing (spar) aircraft.

what other than Bureaucratic ( to remove 95-10 rego'd aircraft) is the point, Manufactures are not compelled to work it out for the customer. Check the spiel, buy & get told it's not fitting into the category  that you can fly.

I think the better criteria would be weight/power loading, making for a more efficient aircraft, (Rotax 503 power & under( say 40HP)).

Keeping the old rag & tube flier's happy. 

spacesailor

Also to my rant, 

Get rid of the "single engine, single prop" Again small efficient "Weight/power" factor to keep the Big twins out, & a tiny twin in !.

I see the 503 Rotax is 50HP/ 37 Kw,  not 37 HP,

cricket.jpg.b19f807b038ce4159f0f637bac160542.jpg

cricket2.jpg.20973a8b9fa2b7149702d30ca88b6c19.jpg

Just checked the G factor for the old P&M trike  +6g, -3g.  And Fuel consumption @ 60mph/100km/h  8-14  lph.

So your four pot has the same fuel use as a two pot R582

Thought it sounded familiar,

spacesailor

Pretty impressive specs.I find 8 lpm hard to believe....... perhaps with a 50 kg pilot, min fuel in optimum conditions with the injected engine?

Hi Downunder,

My original (wordy) reply evaporated,  so here is a shorter reply

Note: Specifications quoted where for the demo Faeta NG,  Rego No. 23-23231 (not some fictional marketing aircraft) motivated by your garden variety Rotax 912 ULS (this is the carburettor 100 hp engine) coupled to a ground adjustable prop. The pilot is a normal/average Australian male,  not a jockey,. The performance figures are for his aircraft loaded to 450 kg (mid range for a 300 kg load capacity) so plenty of fuel on board. 

If you are still in doubts,  contact ATEC Aircraft Sales Australasia and arrange a TIF

So is yours the first Faeta NG operating locally?   The company appears to turn out some very impressive aircraft.  You'd have to kick yourself to at least not test fly one of these if you were in the market for a new aeroplane.   

So is yours the first Faeta NG operating locally?   The company appears to turn out some very impressive aircraft.  You'd have to kick yourself to at least not test fly one of these if you were in the market for a new aeroplane.   

Yes Winsor,  this is the first Faeta NG in Au. Obviously we hope for very many more.  I appreciate your supportive observation and agree wholeheartedly -  why wouldn't a prospective customer check out this  amazing aircraft????

There is little point in trying to quote prices due to currency changes and the "personalisation" each customer will bring to a purchase . Price and accessory lists (spreadsheet) are available from ATEC Aircraft Sales Australasia so that you can "construct"  & cost your own variant (talk to Dexter about delivery costs.)

One of the benefits in dealing with a small company is flexibility - ATEC can accommodate "out of the box" orders  - such as tail wheel, Rotax 914 and almost any avionics package you might want (these would be costed on a demand basis). 

ATEC have had aircraft (mainly Zephyrs) in AU for about 20 years but as a small company with correspondingly limited promotional/marketing $$ have only made slow headway on sales. To the best of my knowledge all ATEC's  delivered to Au are still flying.

I guess we have always hoped that outstanding performance & value for money would make the sales but in a crowded market place it seems that what you trained in and/or "sexy" marketing actually gets the customers.

Dam The Weather !

The Faeta NG will not be coming to The Oaks tomorrow morning. 

This is due to forecast strong westerlies & associated turbulence below 8000 ft, which would make the passage over the Blue Mountains into/out of the Sydney Basin very uncomfortable to say the least.

Better News

We hope to have the Faeta NG at The Oaks 09:00  next Saturday 23 June

My apologies to any and all, who intended to be at The Oaks tomorrow - See you the following Saturday