Coominya crash

I took your advice and wrote my record of the incident within 24hrs. I had a call from RAAus, they were interested in talking to me about it. I was then able to email them that copy of that written record. I hope it helps them.

Thanks. Glad the comment was a help. Always good to write down as best you recall as soon as possible. What you saw or heard etc will assis the investigation. And I reinforce what others have said about its important to speak to some one if you want to or have any concerns about the matter. Best regards Mike

• Agree 1

Nightmare this shows that at least someone in RAA must look at this forum then if they rang you

Then again I had several calls from the ATSB and would you believe a insurance company after I witnessed a terrible fatal at YCAB a few years ago. The ATSB would have got my details from the police but I really dont know how the insurance investigator managed to get my details..

I also suggest to make sure you talk with someone. I was offered by the police and also the ATSB and found them to be very caring to be honest when it comes to suggesting counciling. I didnt take up the offer as I felt I did not require it and I didnt and dont but thats just me. Everyone is different and its no shame or sign of weakness if you think you need to talk to someone about it. I think that night of the accident I had a restless sleep but since then it hasnt been any issue as I could understand exactly what had happened on the day mechanically.

I am just glad this pilot survived this accident at Coominya all ok and I saw the video of him getting into the chopper to go to hospital....he is so lucky. As someone said I think he has used up all of his 9 lives

Mark

Nightmare this shows that at least someone in RAA must look at this forum then if they rang youThen again I had several calls from the ATSB and would you believe a insurance company after I witnessed a terrible fatal at YCAB a few years ago. The ATSB would have got my details from the police but I really dont know how the insurance investigator managed to get my details..

I also suggest to make sure you talk with someone. I was offered by the police and also the ATSB and found them to be very caring to be honest when it comes to suggesting counciling. I didnt take up the offer as I felt I did not require it and I didnt and dont but thats just me. Everyone is different and its no shame or sign of weakness if you think you need to talk to someone about it. I think that night of the accident I had a restless sleep but since then it hasnt been any issue as I could understand exactly what had happened on the day mechanically.

I am just glad this pilot survived this accident at Coominya all ok and I saw the video of him getting into the chopper to go to hospital....he is so lucky. As someone said I think he has used up all of his 9 lives

Mark

I called the owner/operator at Coominya Airfield shortly after the incident and let him know how I was involved and what I witnessed, and invited him to tell authorities of me, so I doubt RAA got my contact details from here. I was shaken a bit, feeling for Danny's lost aircraft, and his terrifying experience, but I'm ok. He's the one that'll need the help and support in the aftermath of this incident and the ensuing investigation.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
The good new story:-Plane crash survivor thanks shocked paramedics who found him walking away from wreckage

Plane crash survivor thanks paramedics who were shocked to find him alive

Thanks for sharing this Good News story, FV. 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

The picture that the QLD ambos supplied shows a tremendous amount of damage. But, the cabin looks largely intact which is an ideal outcome.

2076265247_DannyFowlersCH-701.jpg.06be1ae0ae7a793364d30e39a12981a5.jpg

I am still astounded that Danny was "walking and talking" after this crash. I am very thankful he survived this so well!

• Like 1