Are you flying into Oshkosh

Watching at the FISK arrival point yesterday afternoon Sunday here at 4pm was 142% N.U.T.S.

Most aircraft were not following the prescribed procedure, coming in hot at up to 4 wide, with bugger all spacing, or both, many got turned back to Ripon, many ignored the controller and just kept going. Controller was calling for one mile spacing, lucky if she got a quarter mile out of them. There were so many aircraft, it was nuts. So many, due to poor weather for VFR in the days before, and til after lunch Sunday. And fantastic to see in person. Many peeps there with their chairs on the lawn watching and listening. What a hoot. And the noise, man..... Even Mrs 440032 was gob smacked by the sight of endless stream of tightly packed planes. GYSOT!!

NO FENCES, not even on the Airshow crowd line, and everybody managed to stay safe and happy.

• Like 3

NO FENCES, not even on the Airshow crowd line, and everybody managed to stay safe and happy.

and on the north side the gates are open with nil security - I’ve been walking in every morning to airside (and underwing camping) for the bus to the admission gate where my bag is checked for guns and knives. Crowd line will be roped off from the flight line on Friday. Reminds me, I bought a kit at the show with a safetyknife so must take it out of my bag tonight.

Nope. Rejoin the path at Ripon and try again, unless the Fisk controller tells everyone otherwise. It’s a Listen only route, no talking. You fly the entire route to touchdown and parking, listening only, no talking. There are proper procedures in place, much of which were ignored in my half hour visit. Talked to some guys today who took 4 goes to actually get in, about two hours in the air after launching from fon du lac, about 20 mins away.

• Agree 1

Those radar returns are only the ones with ADSB out, perhaps 25% of the traffic. I heard on pilot say he had been around the lake 27 times.

I think alot more than 25%. ADSB is cheap in the US....

• Caution 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a question for the panel:

Why is it so, that via my desktop PC, Oshkosh airport on google maps shows no aircraft, but via an iPad, there they all are arriving and parked. Google Earth shows nothing also.

If you zoom in near the white 172, I'm there in the yellow shirt....