MAYDAY CALL

Private schools expel their problems and use that as a threat. If everyone did that the system wouldn't work. Dysfunctonal kids come from dysfunctional families often. There's too much stress in our modern world where most have a good income but never enough money left at the end of the week. It's based on easy credit hence the stress. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my day, the rough kids had to keep quiet, and they at least learned to read and write.

Must be a few rough kids on this site then, eh Bruce?006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Like 1

Private schools expel their problems and use that as a threat. If everyone did that the system wouldn't work. Dysfunctonal kids come from dysfunctional families often. There's too much stress in our modern world where most have a good income but never enough money left at the end of the week. It's based on easy credit hence the stress. Nev

Any evidence at all for that?

Evidence for private schools using public schools as their dumping grounds: heaps!

I've see it too many times and actually heard a parent threaten their kid with it.

There are a few noteworthy exceptions, but too often it's the public schools which have to cater for kids with special needs, adding enormous costs to the public education budget. Ramps, elevators, stair climbers, special toilets... Often there are several special assistants and wheelchairs somehow fitting into a classroom not designed for it.

• Agree 2

Hello people, here is where it started. I trust you don't get this far off track when flying

I think we're still in the "aviate" stage. "Navigate" will be the next lesson drive.gif.1181dd90fe7c8032bdf2550324f37d56.gif

• Like 1

Some patterns might, but you still have to fly to some planned circuit, (whatever it might be) looking back confirms track, like when to turn downwind and how much the wind is affecting you.. Nev

It amazes me how some places teach circuits where an engine failure would put you down among the houses.Why don't they worry more I wonder.

The house owners certainly worry, and often unite to form committees dedicated to getting rid of the airports.

The good instructors teaching circuits show the student where all the golf courses are, and in EFATOs, where the survivable spot are - or a few of them. It's not hard to take a look around during the quiet parts of a circuit. It's always bemused me to see people killed because they tried to get back down on the runway they took off from; it's probably a panic-tunnel vision thing, or they were one of the people who knew it was never going to happen to them.

It amazes me how some places teach circuits where an engine failure would put you down among the houses.

..... then teach engine failure/glide approach overhead the field...... Like you are going to KNOW when the engine will fail....

• Like 1

..... then teach engine failure/glide approach overhead the field...... Like you are going to KNOW when the engine will fail....

The problem with that is there can be up to 12 in the circuit. Over the years there have been many mayday situations with no-injury outcomes at city airports,