Maintenance

Thunda

G'day all.

I've been trying to find where I can purchase aircraft maintenance equipment around Melbourne on the net but not having much luck.

Things I'm looking for Tempest oil filters, stainless lock wire and plyers,

Screws, spark plugs and all other necessary Stuff for servicing and maintaining.

There was a hanger at Morabbin years ago that was packed to the rafters with bits an pieces for everything, dose anyone know if it's still going?

The business is still there at MOOrabbin, but moved around the corner many many years ago

Propbits

I think AVIALL does tempest filters.

Also, Greg Bell at GEE BEEs at Essendon can get things from some places that don't care to deal with us plebs individually. Tempest stuff included, I'm fairly sure.

Funny story - a mate needed a new mega $$$$ engine, the dealer (wherever) wouldn't deal with him because he didn't have an account, a business, or some such twaddle. So he had his son's workshop interstate order it, saved a bunch of $, then took his trailer in... "I'm here to pick up that engine you wouldn't sell me last month." This sort of stuff still goes on.

Tha

The business is still there at MOOrabbin, but moved around the corner many many years agoPropbits

I think AVIALL does tempest filters.

Also, Greg Bell at GEE BEEs at Essendon can get things from some places that don't care to deal with us plebs individually. Tempest stuff included, I'm fairly sure.

Funny story - a mate needed a new mega $$$$ engine, the dealer (wherever) wouldn't deal with him because he didn't have an account, a business, or some such twaddle. So he had his son's workshop interstate order it, saved a bunch of $, then took his trailer in... "I'm here to pick up that engine you wouldn't sell me last month." This sort of stuff still goes on.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look at em.

Moorabin, better keep checkin me spellin, an l liked the story, l can relate to it.

l asked an engineer about doing a little job om my io-320 he said they don't work on experimental aircraft? ???

So I'll wait until the SAAA runs another rebuild course.

Find another engineer. Rob at Maryborough, Steve(?) Hobby at Wang are two I know are not scared of exp. There will be plenty more I'm sure.

Good on ya too for seeking professional input when you believe you need it.:spot on:Keep lookin, they're out there.

Tank's,

Wang's not too far off course when l go north so l might try an find em.

Usually everyone is so flat out an can't spare the time, l like my engine checked out every six months an serviced every 50 hours.

The engine doesn't know when it's flying across Bass Straight, but l do an l want to do a lot more successful visits to the North Island.

This is why I'm real keen on doing this two day SAAA Lycoming engine rebuild course I've heard about, but can't find any information on it from their site and no thread's posted here.

SAAA doesn't have such an engine course, and have no qualifications to do so, but some members in Sydney did sorta run some sort of engine maintenance workshop a while back. That's probably what you heard about. A friend had Steve Hobby do some prop refurb work not so long ago, he was most happy to be involved.

Start by getting the engine makers engine service manual and all the relevant AD's for your version. I did the Lycoming SAAA course at Cowra some years ago and it didn't cover rebuilding it at all. Nev

Bugga!

I had me hopes pinned on that course.

If only l could find an engineer that would teach me something on Lycoming's, I'd sweep the floor, clean the dunny an the smok'o room even make the tea an scone's.

Steve Hobby sounds like a decent bloke, me prop's startin to look like it needs a bit of a buff an balance but still goes round smooth.

Should av gone into the RAAF instead of the Army an become a LAME instead of plant operator.

Start by getting the engine makers engine service manual and all the relevant AD's for your version. I did the Lycoming SAAA course at Cowra some years ago and it didn't cover rebuilding it at all. Nev

Just goes to show ya, believe nothin what ya hear an only half ov what ya see.

An check out everythin.

I've got as much stuff off the Lycoming Web site as l could find and keep lookin for more.

G'day all.I've been trying to find where I can purchase aircraft maintenance equipment around Melbourne on the net but not having much luck.

Things I'm looking for Tempest oil filters, stainless lock wire and plyers,

Screws, spark plugs and all other necessary Stuff for servicing and maintaining.

There was a hanger at Morabbin years ago that was packed to the rafters with bits an pieces for everything, dose anyone know if it's still going?

Was called Hanger 9, wonderful source of bits & pieces. Managed to build my first trike using hardware from them. You could just wander up & down the aisles picking out what you needed & inhaling that fabulous hanger smell. A box full of AN nuts & bolts would cost only a few dollars. Happy days.

Was called Hanger 9, wonderful source of bits & pieces. Managed to build my first trike using hardware from them. You could just wander up & down the aisles picking out what you needed & inhaling that fabulous hanger smell. A box full of AN nuts & bolts would cost only a few dollars. Happy days.

Yep!

I remember it with dribble runnin down me chin, exactly as you describe it.

Found some great stuff there, we used to take a play lunch an spend the day in that avatars heaven.

I wanna go there again if it's still operating an was told IT IS.

Same mob, still there at MB, (not at 9) but not so help-yourself-free-range as it was, but still, they have what you need and will sell you one or a hundred, and are happy to do so.

Same mob, still there at MB, (not at 9) but not so help-yourself-free-range as it was, but still, they have what you need and will sell you one or a hundred, and are happy to do so.

Can you give us a name/location 44?

Thunda I'd like to read your posts, but your avatar puts me right off. It's WRONG!

If I promise to never again talk about Taswegians with six fingers and two heads...

will you replace that hideous image with something I can bear to look at?

• Agree 1