Foxbat down yesterday at my Base Airfeld

How do you know what 93 feels like when you are only 83?  One thing you CAN be sure of, it's unlikely to be better overall in general but I'm currently better in quite a few ways than I have been at times in the past. .I don't expect to run, swim  or lift as much as I used to. and if you fall off a ladder you won't bounce  as well as you used to.  How often do you fly the Corby Yenn? If you are still OK in it you are going OK. . Better than putting money in Pokies. Nev

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My finger slip. 83 it is, but sometimes it feels like 93.

Good onya mate. Hope you keep it up until 103.

We have a few oldies over our way still flying in mid-80s and some youngies like me in mid-70s.

kaz

I was in the local Coles the other day, and there was a little old lady at the head of the checkout. She was pretty thin and obviously quite old, but she was keeping up with things pretty well as regards her purchases and loading her shopping bag,

She completed the transaction, and she must have put her (probably half-full) bag on the floor - but I didn't see her do it, because I was chatting to the Missus.

Next thing, I see her struggling to lift her bag off the floor and into her trolley. But the bloke in front of us rushed in to help her, and lifted the bag into her trolley. She thanked him and trundled off with the trolley. Outside, we saw her climbing on to her electric gopher, and I think someone else might have helped her transfer the shopping bag onto her gopher.

I remarked to the Missus - "Gee, that old lady is doing pretty well, she's upright, alert, and obviously still in tune with everyday stuff - she must be around her early or maybe mid-90's".

Next day, the Missus is chatting to one of her friends who lives one street over, and she told her about the old lady.

Her friend says, "I reckon I know who you're talking about! That's Mrs So-and-So, she lives a couple of streets away from me - and she's 104!!

So there's still hope for us all oldies yet! I reckon keeping continually interested in what's going on around you, and keeping active, has to be the major life-prolonging moves.

• Like 2

That wheat crop is massive!  Probably in the order of 7-8 T/ha by my eye. I'm just surprised that the Foxbat wasn't held up by the dense crop and the crew simply opened the door and stepped out.  No wonder we struggle to compete with European farmers.

Its mainly a case of "Soils ain't soils" and unfortunately our soils are very old soils, they don't measure up to European soils.

Its just a quirk of geology.

Amazing how often thread drift moves totally away from original topic! Not a complaint, just an observation, I am probably just as guilty as anyone else!

Yes a fertile thread often produces a good harvest ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1