Pilot suspended for murdering dog.

Sun tabloid this morning

" A "Flybe" airline piot has been suspended from duties whilst police investigate an indident whaere it is alleged the pilot was relaxing in his back garden and completely "Lost his temper" due to a small dog yapping continually in his next door neighbour's garden. . . the man commented that this had been going on since he moved in to the property some six months earlier.

He allegedly reached over the fence, grabbed the dog and drowned it in a plastic water bucket, immediately regretting what he had done, as he got on extremely well otherwise with his neighbour . .

The newspaper suggests that people who lose their temper should not fly passenger aircraft. . ? Oh ? I though pilots were just ordinary people with a bit of special training ? whilst I am dusgusted at what the man did, I would have thought that a genuine apology, an even some form of compensation would be in order,. . .but lose his job ? ?

I am a pet lover too, and I would have possibly laid the guy out had he done that to my dog . . .

what does the team think ?

You DO read some strange things in newspapers. . .!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen a second report on this case PM, It has also been alleged that the bloke cut the dog open in his garden shed to try to remove the microchip. . . . when he couldn't find it, he buried the dog in his garden. ( ? ) didn't think those chips could be used to sat track a missing pet. . . !

Go on give the fella a break, it clearly says the dog was yapping. Wouldn't be the first yappy dog to get done in by a annoyed neighbour:whistling:

spacer.png

Our dog is lucky I didn't have a gun in my hand when she was outside barking her stupid head off at 3am this morning.

The "immediate regret" shown by this guy, if it's true he butchered the hound afterwards looking for the microchip, sounds more like apprehension at getting caught rather than regret for his actions.

While I don't condone killing it, I can sympathize with the bloke if the dog's been yapping continuously for 6 months. Perhaps he should have gifted his neighbour with an electric anti-barking collar.

Cut the dog open? The chip is usually in its ear. This is not a common or garden pilot. Maybe a pirate? Was his name Frederick?

I know that ( being a dog owner ) and you know that,. . . but THIS man obviously didn't. . . . . he panicked because he thought that the dead dog could be found due to it's chip. . .so he obviously had no intention of admitting to his erstwhile "Friendly Neighbour" what he had in fact done. . . . . .

I can't remember his name, but if you google the Sun Newspaper, the story should be somewhere on their site,. . . .strange,. . .he looks like such a nice average pilot bloke too. . . . . .JUST GOES TO SHOW ! ! ! !

( show what Phil. . .? )

Well,. . .it just goes to show that appearances can sometimes be deceptive. . . . . I reckon that in future, ALL aspiring airline pilots ought to have another question added to their application form,. . .ie,. . ."Have you ever,. . .or would you, should circumstances require this action,. . . .Murder a Dog / Cat / Monkey / Donkey / Horse / Vietnamese Pot Bellied Pig / etc. . . . .if it happened to annoy you whilst having a snooze in limited sunshine in your back garden ? ? ? ? ?

the same forensic scientist doing that recommended study could 'muderously !' drive home ...................... and take out any number of cane toads, dingoes, snakes, locusts, bees, cockroaches, worms, rats, mice, kangaroos, wallabies, rabbits, flies, sandflies and any other number of god's creatures ........................ who checks the checker ?

Guest GraemeM

I would not have lasted 6 months with a yapping dog next door.

6 days is more like it.

Graeme.

Dogs are like people, many don't deserve it and occasionally one or two do.

Cats are the opposite.

Cats are a bloody waste of space as a pet,. . . .all they want humans for is to open their damned tins for them. . . .if they were that sophisticated and clever, as they seem to think they are ( my observation ) then they should figure a way to do that themselves.

When I lived in Brisbane, I had a dog ( named "Bluey". . . although he did NOT have ginger hair. . . . ) he was a breed known as a Queensland Blue Heeler. . . . . .evil piece of work him,. . . used to roll over on his back when he saw a neighbourhood cat, and pretend that he was friendly. . .yeah. . .right,. . .then as the cat came within striking range, he would eviscerate it within about five seconds, the evil little sod. . . . .

He used to drag dead snakes up our back steps ( we lived on a hillside ) and yap a couple of times,,. meaning, look at this Dad,. . .aren't I clever. . . ! ! He once he dragged a "not quite dead yet" tiger snake into the kitchen, ( I didn't know it was a tiger until my mate Namor {that's "Roman" spelt backwards. . .} told me it was when he saw it in the garbage can. . . ) and the Memsaab nearly had an attack of the vapours [ she had an inexplicable phobia about snakeys. . . although, to my knowledge, she had never seen one up close. . .] when the thing came back to life and slithered under the sofa. . . . . I tried to remove it with a broom, but had to resort to my shottie, and repair the lounge room floorboards later. . . . .( oooh, now there's brave for you isn't it. . .) I have no actual fear of reptiles, but if I don't know what it is,. . .I'm not going to risk getting a nip. . .might be off work for the rest of my death and all that. . . . I HAD thought about shooting the bloody dog as well,. . .but didn't have any more cartridges. . . . .

Oh well. . .ce la vie. . . .In Murrarie. . . .

Living in England is punishment enough.

Oh yeah ? ? ? How long did you live there to formulate that cryptic opinion . . .er,. . .oops,. . .sorry mate,. . .don't know your name. . . . .

Mine is PHIL . . . .I would, seriously have chosen a better first name, something snazzy and modern,. . .liKe, er,. . .Frank,. . .or Neville,. . .or Nathaniel. . . . but regrettably,. . .was not asked. . . .my birthday fell on June 2nd, 1950. . . my Maternal Grandmother chose my name, as she was an ardent royalist, but regrettably, I never got the prefix " Prince " . . . .although, on my second birthday, there were tables in the streets all over Britain to celebrate the coronation of Her Britannic Majesty Queen Elizabeth the second,. . . .and I thought it was all for my birthday party. . . . . .

bit sad really. . . . .

Oh well. . . . .make do with what yerve got,. . .little though it may be. . . . ( Said my urinary surgeon. . . .). . .having said that,. . .it's filled TWO prams. . . . .

Sun tabloid this morning

" A "Flybe" airline piot has been suspended from duties whilst police investigate an indident whaere it is alleged the pilot was relaxing in his back garden and completely "Lost his temper" due to a small dog yapping continually in his next door neighbour's garden. . . the man commented that this had been going on since he moved in to the property some six months earlier.

He allegedly reached over the fence, grabbed the dog and drowned it in a plastic water bucket, immediately regretting what he had done, as he got on extremely well otherwise with his neighbour . .

The newspaper suggests that people who lose their temper should not fly passenger aircraft. . ? Oh ? I though pilots were just ordinary people with a bit of special training ? whilst I am dusgusted at what the man did, I would have thought that a genuine apology, an even some form of compensation would be in order,. . .but lose his job ? ?

I am a pet lover too, and I would have possibly laid the guy out had he done that to my dog . . .

what does the team think ?

You DO read some strange things in newspapers. . .!

The guy is a psychopath. End of story.

Oh yeah ? ? ? .

I like to think I can put up and accept anyone and take them as they are but got to say I've had 2 members on 'ignore' for the last month and it does make the forum a more pleasant experience. Good software too, they don't even come up when others quote them in replies.

. .make do with what yerve got,. . . .it's filled TWO prams. . . . .

Ok, I'm impressed, I only need to put the end of mine in a roller skate so it doesn't drag on the ground.

whilst I am dusgusted at what the man did, I would have thought that a genuine apology, an even some form of compensation would be in order,. . .but lose his job ? ? I am a pet lover too, and I would have possibly laid the guy out had he done that to my dog . . . what does the team think ?

Well the dog was clearly unhappy so he made it rest in peace, can't see much of a problem. If you live next to me and have a constantly yapping dog it will also find peace Phil. He perhaps could have sold the remains to the local halal butcher or Chinese place instead of wasting it though. Bex will understand.

Anybody consider that maybe it's the dogs owner that should have been drowned and butchered?You want to keep animals, then you take responsibility for their well being and their actions.....

Certainly agree, but dogs have the full range of mental problems as well, some are quiet cowards, some have full blown psychosis.

Dogs often behave like their owners. Same as children. If you work shift work and barking dogs frequently keep you awake you just might get jack of it. People kill rats mice fish flies cane toads etc quite cruelly. Man's best friend is eaten in china . Not sure I could come at that. Gratuitous cruelty to an animal isn't a good trait in a person but this person did have a reason. I wouldn't trust a newspaper to give an accurate coverage of it. Nev

Guest asmol
I wouldn't trust a newspaper to give an accurate coverage of it. Nev

I bet you the dogs name was Cessna !

Man's best friend is eaten in china .

Not like you probably believe - minor numbers only isolated mostly to southern areas of Guangdong, i.e. Canton culture. (Guangdong/Canton culture is the cause of a lot of "China" myths actually including the Cantonese "qing, pong, bing" language sounds that Mandarine does not sound like).

But did you have a point to mention China rather than say Canada, Hawaii, Africa, Vietnam and Korea etc?

In fact, get a World globe and using a texta, draw a line starting at Hong Kong (but not including HK) and make a complete circumference back to HK and a bit either side of that line you will capture just about every area that regularly eats dog with the exception of Canada. HK only stopped due to British rule. This seems to indicate it's more to do with climate than culture.

It's quite legal to throw a dog, or cat, on the barby in Australia btw.

I am truly honestly surprised to see anyone defending this psychopaths actions. He drowned the dog because it was annoying him... he snapped and lost his xxxt... causing him to hold a sentient creature under the water for an extended period until it was dead. I can't defend that whatsoever. And I am not some softy bleeding heart when it comes to killing animals.

Before this thread gets side tracked. I agree what this bloke did was wrong especially in the circumstances it happened.

Now i just want to add something, the big picture if you will and off thread. Wild cats are estimated to kill 75 million native species in Australia PER NIGHT according to the federal environmental minister Mr Greg Hunt.

We have serious problems here with feral cats, dogs , pigs, buffalo ect.

Just trying to add a different perspective.